Chapter 52

52| Peter

52| Peter

"Peter, You can't be with them, You are a good person." I scoffed and gazed at him.

"I reckon, you must be crazy to believe that I am good." Peter advanced and got down on his knees, "I was never a nice soul but you were just too stubborn to accept that." His voice abruptly turned into a whisper, "And that was something I cherished about you." He caressed my cheek.

Ravina rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest. "Come on Peter, don't recall your 500-year-old tragic love story. "

"Shut up, Ravina." Peter snapped with his gaze fixed over me.

"Will you care for educating me how she is alive." I motioned my head towards Ravina.

"She stole the immortality portion." He muttered.

"Huh? Not surprising at all." I muttered back. His lips curved into a small smile.

"See Peter, Be the better man because you and I both know that you are better than this. Don't let them manipulate you."

"Will you show me that same pity if you find out that I was the person, who was stalking you all this time."

°°°

"Carmen, What do you think about me?"

Peter comes and sits across me, in the library. His question appeared quite absurd to me, I wrinkled my forehead and answered with my gaze fixed at the book, "I think you are an absolute idiot, who is breaking my concentration than it already is."

"Shut up, and answer properly." He said snatching the book away. I signed completely annoyed.

"Hey!” I snapped. He lifted his eyebrow, “Okay.” I exhaled. “-If you are asking me this because you are going out with some woman then my answer will be 'You are an idiot.' "

"Carmen!"

"Okay, Okay. You are a nice individual and I believe, you are the only man, who doesn't materialize as a bastard to me."

A smile spread over his face, "I wished to show you something."

"Go ahead, Peter. I guess you are not waiting for my birthday." He passed a scroll of paper tied with a golden ribbon. I eyed him a little, "This better not be any of your mischiefs."

"You will see." He mumbled as I untied the ribbon, A smile spread over my face when it turned out to be a painting, It was my portrait.

"But today is not my birthday, Do you expect any service from me?" I scoffed, he rolled his eyes and placed a kiss over my cheeks, widening my eyes.