C H A P T E R - I

1| Out of the Woods

1| Out of the Woods

I ran by the thin trees of the dark forest, clutching my wedding gown. The muddy land of the forest pricked my bare feet. My face burned with the scars delivered by them. My hands were coated with blood and dirt. My forehead was covered with sweat, My arms were smeared with blood. I could hear my heart beating at an abnormal speed, I gasped to breathe heavily as I glanced backward to glimpse at them. I knew they were after me. They wouldn't stop, no matter where I go they would hunt me down.

The white fog danced over my head and the gentle wind caressed my body. I halt to breathe. The forest was quiet, too quiet and that scared me. The only sound that I perceived was the sound of my breath. I swirled to examine my surroundings and started running.

All of a sudden, I felt something shoveling into my skin. I shrieked and let my fragile body collide with the ground, worsening my state.

I groan, shivering on the ground. Lifting my head, I stretch my hand gently pushing the ground to lift my body. I felt tired and scared of my life and that broke my confidence into a million pieces. I gasped when my arm flinched. As a result, I fell back to the ground. My eyes stayed fixed on the ground of the forest.

Tears began to block my vision, I wiped them and crawled towards the tree that stood few centimeters away from me. I placed my hands on its surface and gradually stood up, shivering with pain. I hugged the tree and groaned. I blinked a few times and bit my lips to stop the cry that came out as an outcome of the pain. They were far behind as their voices were barely audible. I gradually lowered my eyes to peek at the arrow. It stayed shoved into the back of my knee. Blood traveled down touching my heel and eventually kissing the ground.

Fear had almost conquered my heart, A part of me had given up. Within that darkness, there was a tiny spark of hope. I placed my forehead on the tree and took few deep breaths.

'You can do this. You have to do this.'

I lifted my forehead and gazed at the arrow. I shifted my left hand towards it while the other hand stayed pinned to the tree. My fingers shivered as they wrapped themselves around the thin body of the arrow. I puffed closing my eyes and with a swift movement I pull out the arrow. A small cry escaped my mouth. I tightened my grip around the arrow. Glaring at it, I tossed it away with hostility.

Without wasting any more time I began to run. I could feel the blood flowing down my skin. I heard the echo of their voice, their filthy little voices. Every word that came out of their mouth seemed sickening,

"Fresh Blood, " One of them moaned.

"Keep your eyes wide open, she is close by. " Their leader yelled.

My heart skipped a bit, I stopped abruptly, glancing towards my wounded spot. Horror smears over my body as I understood the foolish act I had committed. My blood had left a trace throughout the way.

'How can I be so foolish to not notice it. '

At this moment even the slightest mistake could end my life.

'Something needs to be done.'

I bend down and held the bottom of my dress. I pulled it with all my force. My fingers ached as they fought with the fabric. My dress had lost all its glory, Its glaze had submerged under the blood, dirt. Its sleeves were tattered. I moaned in gratification when a portion of the dress rips off. It made a minor sound when I pulled it away. Without wasting any more time, I wrapped the cloth around my knees tightly to ensure that no drop of blood escaped my body. The strong grip of the cloth took my disastrous condition to its peak.

I ran but this time I wouldn't define my movement as run. I collided with the trees as I was hardly able to move my legs. I was paralyzed with fear, pain, and sorrow. I rested my back on the surface of a tree, gasping for air. I groaned, blinking few times, my chest moved up and down. After few seconds, I started walking.

I glanced towards the green hills, whose presence meant that I was close to the mountains, and the hunter's fort wasn't far away from those greeny highlands. If I can reach there, I might be saved. Though I have to ask myself a question.

'Do I want to live?'

I have nothing to live for, My reason to stay alive is devoured. One thing was certain, Even if I die, I sure as hell don't want their blade to be the one that snatches out my soul.

I looked all around and all I could see was the white mist that danced among the woods. I furrowed my eyebrows. My eyes widened at the sight of a figure, My breathing hitched, I kept a hand over my heart and ran out of the forest.

The sound of horses running behind me throbbed in my ears. I was close to the hills but I was incapable of climbing the hill all by myself, at this condition.

My eyes moved from one place to another, my brain unable to dictate my next move. That's when I caught a glimpse of a cave.

I take a deep breath and managed to drag myself to it. I went deeper into the cave, placing the hand on its surface to support my wounded body.

When I felt it was safe I rested my back on its surface and took a few deep breaths. I gulped and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ears and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I gently sat down, my chest falling up and down vigorously, Tears started to roll down my cheeks. I caressed the bruises on my legs.

"So much for having a happy life? "

"I wish, everything will go back to normal, my home, my people, they will all come back."

I closed my eyes to rest for a while, instead, I fell asleep.

I woke up to a sudden commotion made by horses. I rubbed my eyes and placed a hand over my arm, "How can I be so careless? How could I have fallen asleep at this moment? " I struggled to stand up. I was about to go away when I saw the sudden light, that came from the entrance,

fire.

My heart started to beat faster, I had no idea about what to do next. I turned towards the opposite side. My heart sank when I saw a man standing, with a menacing smile and a sword in his hand.

"In a hurry, Miss Carmen."

°°°

Thanks for reading the first chapter of the stalker angel.

Vote and comment if you think it deserves it.

Genre: Fantasy, Y/A, Supernatural

>> Share your honest feedback on what you think about this chapter.<<