Chapter 25

24| The Therapy session

"Where you ever mistaken as someone else?"

I asked with my eyes focusing on my nails. Alexander raised his eyebrows and grinned.

"No, why?"

"Just asking."

He shrugged and I felt his eyes all over me. I looked up at him. There was a silence between us. I looked outside the window.

"Abrianna, So tell me about your parents. Only if you want to, no pressure"

This question was something, I myself didn't know the answer to. People might think I am lying or I am crazy but this is the truth.

I shrugged and turned my gaze towards him.

"Will you believe me if I said I don't remember anything about except of their name."

I wanted to see how he responded, I excepted him to be astonished but he didn't look surprised at all, Instead he nodded. He thinks I am crazy.

"You think I am crazy, don't you?"

I started feeling irritated, I just couldn't take it anymore. Everyone in the office called me by different nickname behind my back. They never comprehended me, infact they never tried to comprehend me. No one realized what I was going through.

"I never said that."He said in a gentle voice.

"No but you probably think I am crazy, I mean, everyone does, I shouldn't blame you for that."

"Ray, I don't think you are crazy. You are just..."

"Shy and afraid of the world."

I completed, I felt my eyes getting wet. I hated my life, it's like all the bad things are kept in one fat box. I covered my face, as I didn't wish  to look at him.

"I was going to say unique. "

He said, I glanced towards him, he took out his handkerchief from his pocket and lifted it towards me.

"Take it and don't worry I believe you. It can be possible. If people can believe in the existence of ghost, then it's not hard to believe whatever you are saying is true."

Well... I didn't know how to respond to his words. I just took the handkerchief and wiped the tears off my eyes and gave a fake smile to not make it anymore awkward than it already was. After few seconds, I gave him back the handkerchief.

"Thank you."

"No problem, I understand. You know since you are exposing yourself, you are actually reducing your stress and don't worry, I won't tell it to Carlton and Mai. It will be a secret between us."

I nodded and stood up to get some water from the table.

"They only know that you have sleepwalking syndrome and that's it."

He said resting his back on the couch. I sipped the water and glanced at him from the corner of the eyes. After I came back to my seat, I told my whole story to him. (But no word about the stalker, I didn't want anyone to get hurt.)

"Sometimes I feel like I popped up in this apartment on a random day with a bunch of people telling me that they know me but the truth is I don't know who the hell they are. That's why I bought Gru, so that I can atleast have something to trust."

I took the deep breathe as I never spoke too much.

"My life is a puzzle with various missing pieces. I don't have any idea where I came from, which school I went. It's like I was born and then there's a blank and then I am here. In this apartment that I have no memory for buying and a job, I don't think I ever applied for. Then this nightmare, every night I was terrified to fall asleep, I see people calling me by a different name and they threat to kill me."

I kept my mouth shut for sometime. Alexander sat with hand covering his cheek, he was listening with much attention, he looked down, all of a sudden I stood up,

"I need some water and some air."

I took the bottle from the table and went outside without wasting anymore time.

°°°

Thanks for reading

Vote and Comment if you think it deserves it.