Chapter 40

40| Grydice Island (pt2)

"Now close your eyes and run."

"What?"

"Just run." I exhaled and closed my eyes and ran, I felt a sudden pull from behind. I opened my eyes, Alexander held my hands and we were on the other side of the gate.

"Follow me."

The building was an arc structure,  with a fountain in the center surrounded by some plants perfectly shaped, I took my steps carefully. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"This way."

He ascended the stairs, I followed him. I gazed at him, he looked really happy, I mean the happiness that would put a smile on your face. He leads me towards a narrow passage. I gazed around, this part didn't have many guards compared to the other areas, One man stood near the door. Suddenly a lady, dressed in white, (probably the maid) approached and whispered something in the man's ear. He nodded and went away, the lady exhaled and left, slapping her hand once at the door. I glanced at Alexander, whose smile grew even wider.

There was a sudden click sound, the door opened with a creaking sound.

"Damm it!"

Someone snapped, when I saw who it was,  My heart sank, It was a girl, who looked exactly like me. She peaked and checked either side of the door.

She was wearing a white full-sleeved gown and a blue cape, her hair was untied but perfectly combed.

"Father, You can't keep Carmen locked up in this room."She smiled, I heard Alexander chuckle.

The girl tossed the hood of the cape over her head. Alexander grabbed my hand as soon as Carmen hurried towards the stair, She quickly ascended it and went under the stair, there was a door, she opened it with much care.

She ran outside instantly closing the door behind her. Alexander immediately pulled me and we got through the door.

There was a wall in front of her, she placed her foot over brick and placed her hand over another, and with much pressure, she raised herself. Now she was sitting on the wall, with her leg on either side.

That's definitely not me, I have never imagined climbing a wall. She drifted her leg towards the other side and jumped down.

She rubbed her palm and placed her hand on her hip, to rest for some time. After few seconds, She clutched her cape and ran away.

"Do we have to run too?",I asked glancing at Alexander, He lifted his eyebrows and clutched my hand, I was about to say something when he shut his eyes and without my knowledge, we were out of the place, I once again glanced around, there were few houses, and few boys and girls were playing.

I followed his gaze, There stood Carmen, with another girl, The girl was telling something to her and Carmen was munching the almonds.

We went a little closer, the girl was  shorter than her, olive-skinned and black-haired.

"I like Oliver, you know!", The girl said with much excitement, but on the other side, Carmen just nodded and focused on her almond.

"He is so gorgeous. I just can't keep my eyes off him, You know?"

Once again, Carmen just nodded.

"Why the hell are you not saying anything?"

"I just climbed a bloody wall and now I am disappointed because you made me realize that I wasted my energy just to listen to you blabbering about some boy,  so I am retrieving that energy by not talking, you get it."

"Seriously!"

"No Stupidly. "

"Shut up."

She smiled and threw another almond towards her mouth, I turned towards Alexander,

"What does this suppose to mean and What are you anyway?"

"Look there.", He pointed towards my right, I turned my gaze to see a carriage approaching from a distance.

While that carriage was passing by, a boy suddenly came in front of it, luckily the cart came to a halt immediately. The door opened promptly, A man with a familiar face came out.

Alexander.

What the fuck!

Wait, How is it possible? If this happened five hundred years ago, how the hell is he alive?