Chapter 38

38|Like Carmen

38|Like Carmen

My mind was shattered into many pieces. The pain had completely engulfed me. I wanted it to end badly, I didn't realize what to do. Each vision was followed by another one.

'I was drowning, when I gave attention to the sound of an individual crashing into the wet surface of the river. I saw the person swimming towards my drowning body.'

'I was lying down on a table, drenched with water, with my hands crossed over my heart. My eyes were closed as if I was dead. I was encircled by many women, and there were two candles placed on either side of the table. they were mumbling something frequently, a spell.'

For one last time, I screamed,

"Stop!"

It worked, There was a silence, I exhaled and closed my eyes, I heard a footstep behind me, Alexander.

"You okay?"

I was about to answer, when I recalled, 'I saw him. In those visions, he was there. It means he is connected. Is he keeping a watch over me?'

"Ray!"

I was perching on the floor, he walked by my side and turned to sit in front of me, replacing a strap of hair, that covered my eyes, and tucked it behind my ears.

"I saw you.", I grabbed his hand and pushed it away from my face. I didn't glance at him.

"What?"

"You are with them, aren't you?"

"I am with who? What are you talking about?"

"The ones, who mess with my head. They will kill me, you will kill me, won't you?"

"I don't have any idea what you are talking about."

"STOP LYING TO ME.", I yelled and pushed him away. I was about to get up when my scar began to hurt. I groaned and pulled my sleeves up, the blood proceeded to drain down the bandage, Alexander stood up and came towards me. I was scared of him, how could he do this to me.

"Let me see it."

"No, Just go away."

"Ray,"

"Stop calling me that."

"You are dreaming."

"What?"

My eyesight started to get blurry and when I opened my eyes, I saw the sunlight resting on my face, I blinked and moved a little when my feet collided with someone else's and I didn't notice there was an arm wrapped around my waist.

I moved my head a little to catch a glimpse of Alexander sleeping, I was squeezed, If I moved even a bit, he would wake up and I didn't want him to. He moaned and strengthen his grip.

Jesus!

I signed and placed my hands softly over his and replaced it, I hunched up eventually and dropped this hand down. I stretched my hands and exhaled. I caught the sight of my t-shirt at the corner.

"Good morning, Ray."

"Morning Lucan ."

"You sound unhappy. Bad dream, I guess."

"Extremely."

"Hey!", He placed a hand over my shoulder, I turned my head towards him, his lips were curved into a smirk. 'What?' I whispered.

"Come back here."

"Okay."

I laid down, and wrapped my arm around his waist, and laid my head over his chest, He placed his hand on my arm and placed a kiss on my hair.

"Tell me about it."

"Tell you about what?"

"Your creepy dream."

"It's too creepy to be remembered."

Of course, I won't tell him, what I saw. He leaned down towards my neck and whispered, "So, What do you want to have for breakfast, my highness."

"You are going to cook!"

"Why is it so surprising?"

"I am not surprised I am just... enthusiastic."

"So..What do you want to have?"

"Surprise me."

"You will be impressed. I bet.", He placed another quick kiss on my cheek and quickly went out of the room, leaving me behind. I couldn't divert myself from the incident of last night.

I picked up my t-shirt and stepped slowly towards the washroom and brushed my teeth like a snail. I glanced towards my wounded arm and the letter 'C' just below it.

What if, I am Carmen.

°°°

"So, What do you think?", I posed near the table, with my arms folded over my chest. He gazed hopefully waiting for me to say something, I scoffed

"Pancakes are my favorite. I am impressed. Alexander the chef."

"Told you." He came forward and wrapped his hands around my waist, I positioned my hand on his shoulder, He touched his nose with mine.

My eyes traveled down his neck, when I saw something, beneath his v-necked t-shirt.

"What's this?"

I enquired, pointing my finger towards his chest, he glanced down and pulled down the edge of his collar to show me what it was.

My heart started to beat faster as soon as I got a glimpse of it. It was something familiar, Something, which made it pretty clear that last night wasn't a dream.

It was a name,

Carmen.

°°°

Thanks for reading
Vote and Comment, if you enjoyed it.

>>So Alexander has the name 'Carmen' tattooed over his chest. Crazy, right?