Chapter 47

47| Maurya Witch

47| Maurya Witch

"Ant, my god, I missed you. You look even better with brown hair" The lady hugged Alexander immediately, as soon as she entered the house. She appeared to be about 38 to 40 years old.

Alexander confused with the lady's action raised his hands up. I didn't realize my mouth was wide open all this time. To be honest, Alexander looked kinda cute when he is uncomfortable. 

"Rose, Thanks for coming." Antonio greeted emphasizing 'thanks'.  Rose jerked away instantly, Her gaze traveled vigorously from Alexander to Antonio with her eyes so wide that I was afraid that it might come out.

"Twins." I coughed, She nodded her head in realization and smiled at me. I won't lie but for one second maybe. Like maybe I felt a little jealous.

"I am so so sorry." She scoffed and placed both her hands on her hips, "I really am sorry, I thought you were Antonio."

"We are familiar with this situation, aren't we Toni?" Alexander said gritting his teeth, exchanging brotherly looks with his brother.

"Don't worry about my brother, he is familiar with random girls hugging  and kis--" I couldn't help but gaze at Antonio, He gave a little cough and continued "Anyways, Rose as I mentioned earlier We need a little favor from you."

"It's Lily actually not Rose. You don't even remember my name and you used to ask me why I called you the world's awful husband." She muttered, running a hand through her untied hair.

"It doesn't matter both are flowers. We left each other like 20 years ago, that's a long time to remember something. " Antonio said in his sarcastic tone, I would have laughed at this situation but I couldn't because I was still processing my background story.

"Wait What? You two were married?" Alexander asked confused, Wait! he didn't know about his brother, of course he didn't. The lady didn't even know about Alexander's existence.

"Unfortunately Yes and for your information, I left him." Antonio rolled his eyes as she complained about him.

"Of course you did, You had a thing for this vampire. So did he turn you into one."

"No! He didn't."

"Don't worry he will and get ready to suck people's blood literally."

"Shut up!" She snapped."I really thought you might have changed, Ant but my bad, you didn't. Anyways, So What do you want me to do?"

"We want you to break the Compellsion of a Bennigfield witch." Antonio emphasized 'Bennigfield' "Which was done to this woman?" He pointed his finger towards me. Lily finally turned to look at me, She had her back towards me, Maybe she didn't notice me as she was too busy with the 'twins'

"O my God!" She snapped immediately and gazed at me with much excitement. "You are Carmen Arthur, right? I am Lily Maurya actually Lalita Maurya."

"Hi! Did I ever know you? I mean I don't remember anything so." This was uncertain, I am damm sure she didn't notice me when she came here.

"You were friends with one of our ancestors. Most probably my great great grandmother. " She scoffed, I nodded and smiled as I had no idea how to react.

"If I were friends with your great-great-grandmother how do you even know about me."

"Everybody knows about you. Your death was the most popular mystery for so many centuries. I mean you are popular."

"Okay, Okay. Now get back to work." Antonio snapped with much annoyance.

"Fine! I need few things--" Lily answered looking at me. "-but are you sure, Miss Carmen because It's going to hurt a lot."

"I can take it."

°°°

Alexander took Lily to the nearby nursery to get some herbs leaving me and Antonio at the house.

"So, you married her and you didn't even tell your brother," I asked leaning on the wall as he watched cartoon on my tv.

"Yeah! I did, she was maybe 25 or something back then." Now she is older than him. It must feel really weird.

"My brother was busy with the whole Project Carmen so I didn't tell him." He was still looking at the screen, "I married her because I wanted to see if I could love someone again."

°°°

Thanks for reading.