Chapter 10

10|Do or Die

10|Do or Die

'Son of a bitch.'

I grabbed the box and fastened the door. As soon as I got inside, I shut down all the windows and pulled the curtains.

I was angry as well as scared at the same time. Why is he doing this? What have I done to him? I don't have any enemies either.

When I shut my eyes, I see people calling me by the name Carmen and now this stalker calls me Carmen too... But why?

Do I look like her? But that's not possible.

I managed to avoid all these thoughts and got ready for the office. As I took off towards the Cupboard to take out my shirt and pencil skirt. The devil's mobile buzzed making me jump.

'Son of a--'

I grabbed the phone and glared at it as soon as I saw two messages.

Wear a yellow shirt and a black skirt. You will look tasty in it.

I have a surprise for you waiting at your doorstep.

For fuck's sake. Can't I have a peaceful life like all others? I covered my mouth to stop crying. I went to the doorsteps to take my recent god damm package.

When I unlocked the door. I didn't see any box. There was just a necklace, a beautiful necklace with a blue shinning pendant. I haven't seen this kind of necklace before.

I grabbed it and got inside making sure that nobody was looking.

The phone buzzed once again.

Wear it!

I had no other option but to wear it. After that, I didn't waste any more time and went to the office after getting dressed.

°°°

I stood in front of the pharmacy taking a deep breath.

'Buy the pills. Go home and no more sleep and no more dreams.'

Suddenly the phone began to ring making my heart explode out of my chest.

“What now?”

I asked keeping my voice as low as possible.

“Don't take the pills.”

“O my God, Are you following me or something. Why are you doing this?”

“Just don't take the fucking pills. Or else you know the consequences.”

He ended the call. At this moment, I wanted to stay awake more than anything, so I decided to go in.

°°°

“How the hell did it happen?”

I asked Carlton as we stood outside the hospital.

“I don't have any idea. We were going out, Mai said she was waiting outside and then I heard her screaming. I went near the stairs and saw her lying there unconscious.”

“How is she?”

“The Nurses said that there nothing to worry about, she didn't lose much blood and she will be alright.”

“Thank God.”

I glanced towards the phone.

“How's your friend? I told you if you don't listen to me then there would be bitter consequences. So now you have got another chance, don't take the pills or else I hurt Mai and trust me when I say that I mean it.

°°°

Thanks for reading.

The shit that I always say at the end of every chapter Vote and Comment if you blah.. blah.. blah.

>>Do u think taking the pills would have been a good idea? <<