Chapter 45

45|Truth(2)

45|Truth(2)

I decided to go have a small chat with Antonio. Alexander decided to stay in my room. He went through my phone, eyeing every message, with his death glare.

He was sitting on my couch, Gru sat in front of him with his head tilted to his right. He noticed me and looked away. I sat beside him, “I wanted to ask you a few questions

“Go on. After all, I, am the Grydice's guide to magical living.” He snapped gazing at Gru.

I smiled, "What's the difference between demons and half-demons?"

He ran his hands through Gru's fur, "Half-demons are like the offspring of demons. Demons are even crazy bastards. When you put a dagger in their so-called heart. They die temporarily and then once again reform after a century or more. They are not a big threat at least not now."

"Impressive!" I muttered. One thing I was sure of about Antonio that he loved to use the term 'bastard'.

"On the other hand, those half-bastards, are not crazy, some of them are clever, quite clever. They are not more powerful than us but they are as powerful as us. They can take any shape and compel humans."

"Did you not even once discover Sofia's body?"

“Nope! The village witches can be a real bitch. They have used a really strong spell to keep her hidden. She suffering to this day.  I always thought she was innocent. Some people say they hear someone's heart beating vigorously like a drum out of nowhere in the forest, though I didn't have the opportunity to hear it with my 600 years old ears.”

“What about the once, you put them there, don't they know the location.”

“Of course. They do-”  He finally turned his head towards my face. “-but they are all dead. So no.”

“Hey. I know. That you and Alex are having some family problem- ” His gaze was starting to convert into a glare. “-and I stand in no position to get in between your family business but I am just saying that you should  talk to him.” He had the same look on his face. “- peacefully. Minus that anger.” I added.

He didn't say anything. So I switched the topic, “The person who is stalking me, Is he one of them? "

He shook his eyebrows once and turned around to see Alexander, who was busy with my phone. He carefully turned back, leaning forward, and murmured, "About your stalker. Just know that he is neither with them nor with us. He is playing his own game."

What the heck, I wrinkled my face. What was that supposed to mean 'playing his own game.' Does my life look like a  playground? I whispered back, "Then why did Alexander lied to me."

He scoffed and looked back at Alexander, "He has his reason. Just know that whoever your stalker is he is not a good person nor a bad person, he is neutral."

I nodded, This makes me even eager to know who the hell that person is. Alexander coughed all of a sudden.

"Antonio, do you have a plan?"

"I have a plan-” He didn't look at Alexander, “- but it's gonna hurt like a bitch."

I raised my eyebrows, my gaze traveled, from Alexander to Antonio. Alexander glanced at him confused, but he raised his eyebrows in realization and growled immediately, "No! You Crazy."

"Hello! What are you guys talking about?" I asked standing up

Antonio ignored his brother's glare and laid down on the couch, and placing his elbow over his forehead, "If you have a better idea, then wake me up, Romeo"

"Bitch!", Alexander snapped and folded his arm over his chest, glancing back at him.

I took a long sigh and fired back, "Will you please, like please tell me about his plan?"

"He wants to break the compulsion, and it hurts like hell."

"I can try to take it."

"No, you can't-” I turned to face me. “- You are being compelled for almost two centuries, ” He waves his hand in the air. “-  Centuries. Can you comprehend the amount of pain it will cause?"

"I was stabbed multiple times, tortured, haunted, and terrorized every night from those blood nightmares and hallucinations. I almost died so I don't mind suffering a little more."

"You go girl!", Antonio snapped in a sarcastic feminine voice and raised his hand in the air. The corner of my lips curved into a smile while Alexander rolled his eyes at him.

"You sure?"

"Let's see."