Chapter 15

15| Do or Die (2)

15| Do or Die (2)

I was cutting the vegetables in my kitchen. I kept myself awake for almost a week. I know it's not going to work. It's not possible for me to stay wake 24/7. That Alexander try way too hard to know about me. I wonder why doesn't he give up.

It's hot today. I move the collars of the white shirt and suddenly the phone buzzed.

Why don't you take your clothes off If you are feeling so hot.

I ignored it. That's the least I could do now ignore. Nobody has ever said something like that and even if anyone did I didn't remember. I felt uncomfortable

I tried to distract myself from the text message and went out of kitchen and stood below the fan in the drawing room, keeping the knife on the nearby table. I heard something fall.

Who's that? Is it him?

"Gru! Gru! God! Gru Why don't you answer? Gru!"

I shouted helplessly. I am not going to go there. Am I am dreaming? Maybe I am.

I shivered at the place where I stood. My gazes shifted from place to place. My brain got paralyzed because of the panic attack. My gazes suddenly rested at a bottle. I took the bottle and poured it over my face.

"It worked."

I took a deep breathe a kept a hand over my heart.

"No It didn't."

My eyes went wide. I turned around to find Aaron. Standing a few metres away from me. What's he doing here?

"Aaron? "

"Nope!"

He beamed and advanced towards me.  He grab my neck and dragged me to the ground.

"What did you think Carmen? Just because you were not sleeping I can't do anything to you."

I slapped his hand as he was chocking me to death. I tried to dig my nail in his cheeks. He strengthens his grip, I moved my legs.

"That's all you got. You just don't want to die, do you? You want to get rid of this, do as I say."

His other hand travelled up the table. His fingers clutched the knife while his other hand was still wrapped around my neck. He observed the knife and then turned his gaze towards me.

Tears began to roll down my cheeks. I shook my head trying to stop him.

"You have changed, You are not the Carmen that we remembered. Brave. Courageous, who didn't bow to anyone."

"I-- am Abrianne." I uttered in pain.

He nodded, “Of course. You are.” Within a second, he pushed the knife  into my thigh.

I groaned as the blood drained out of thighs and formed a pool around my helpless body. He removed his hand away from my neck and stood up.

"You either go and kill someone or you kill yourself."

He said smiling towards my thigh. I couldn't stop crying. Once again, he leaned towards my body and pulled out the knife, throwing it by my side.

"The choice is yours."

I was still on the floor placing a hand over my thigh trying to stop the blood. He was gone as I blinked. I groaned and crawled towards the sofa and rested my back on it.

"If you don't I will make it even worse."

I heard someone almost shout at me. I groaned and stood up.

"Need some help, sweety."

I heard someone whisper and then I was out of my house, with my bleeding thigh and a knife by my side.

No.. No. I banged at my door. You can't do this to me. It is not possible. I am hallucinating. It's not possible. Am I going to die but I don't want to die. I don't want to kill anyone, either.

I struggled to stand up and placed a hand over the wall and another one on my thigh.

"Tik tok, says the clock."

I will kill myself and end this. It wouldn't be that painful, I guess.

°°°

Thanks for reading.

Vote and comment.

I will like to know your thoughts about this whole situation, that Abrianne faced.