Chapter 13

13| Alexander Lucan Chambers (2)

"I am not coming."

I snapped at Mai as she convinced me to join at her blabbering party with this new boy. I don't even remember his name. It's like a whole family package and more importantly I looked like the witches from macbeth.

"Yes you are."

"No, I am not. I will be bored out there."

"No if you don't come I will-"

"You will do what?"

"I will think you are jealous."

"Jealous of who?"

"Jealous of Alexander."

Seriously, This guy again. It's not that I am jealous of this guy. Mai recently got hurt, which appears to everyone as an accident but I know it was that psycho, who pushed her.

I tried to avoid her request but she kept on forcing me, It made me slightly angry and would have yelled at her but I controlled myself.

"You are coming and that's it."

She snapped and ended the call.

°°°

"Thank you so much for coming, Abri."

I smiled and sat next to her. Carlton brought a plate of french fries.

"Mai told me, you didn't want to join us."

"It's nothing like that, I just wasn't feeling well."

Carlton shaked his eyebrow as if I just gave him a lame excuse. I turned my eyes away from both of them.

°°°

"Abrianne, right?"

I nodded and smiled. He sat infront of me with a glass of beer.

"What's your full name?"

"Abrianna Ray Abellson."

"Abri! Alexander is a psychiatrists. He has helped a lot of people.” I looked at Mai with my eyebrows raised. I knew exactly what she was trying to say. ‘She thinks I need help.’

“- mostly the introvert people?" Mai said emphasizing the word 'Introvert', I knew what she meant. Yes I am shy, so what?

I shaked my eyebrows and glanced at my hands. I took a glass of beer and drank it slowly, enjoying my alone time.

°°°

Both of the boys went out to the terrace for smoking, leaving me and Mai alone.

"What's wrong with you?"

Mai said all of a sudden placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything's fine."

"I don't think so."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at you. You don't sleep at night. You look weak. By the way, Why were you crying that day."

My heart started to beat faster.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about. I heard someone sobbing while I was passing by."

"Ah... You know I have.. I mean. I am having a few problems these days."

“So tell me.”

"I can't tell you that."

"And Why's that?"

"Why do you even care?"

I yelled after trying hard to keep myself calm but she got on my nerves. I couldn't help but yell. It's my life and I can do whatever the hell I want with it.

"Because I am your only friend and most importantly We often hear a girl screaming and crying but we didn't know it was you.

So tell me what's going on."

"Everything's fine."

"You need someone to help you, Abrianne. Alexander can help you, he has helped a lot of people earlier. Think about it."

I looked at her and taking a deep breathe.

"I will let you know, if I want to. "

I said silently and went out.

I checked the phone on the way

I have something special waiting for you.

What now? Isn't it enough already?

I turned the knob slowly and leaned forward to check if someone was there. It was dark inside but I remember I left the lights of living room on.

I crept inside and turned on the light.

I was startled to see that. There was a cake on the table.

°°°

Thanks for reading.

>>Do you like Mai Henka?<<