Chapter35~Okay?Okay~

Start from the beginning

"Ah we just went out once" Jake instantly replied and Nandini sighed in relief.

"That's okay I mean love at first sight is a real thing you know." Manik smirked and Nandini was secretly sending him signals so that he can shut up.

"Oh! He's kidding, he plays around a lot." Navya handled the situation and Cabir shook his head as she ruined all the fun.

"So I've to leave early nice to meet you all." Emily smiled sweetly eyeing at manik and his eyes got widened a little but he concealed it.

"I'll drop you" Jake suggested with enthusiasm and he made an eye contact with Nandini who gave him a mischievous smile.

"We are going to head home too you two coming?" Cabir asked them expectantly.

"No actually I've to be here for sometime with my staff. I've to fake smile to the people I hate." He sighed and they laughed at his agony.

They all left bidding leaving both of them alone.

"Good choice I'm proud of you." Manik appreciated her hitting/patting her shoulders.

"You're so violent geez people respect me here plus you embarrassed me in front of them." She gritted her teeth removing his hand from her shoulder.

"That's what friends do." He shrugged.

"Sure they do. Oh! Look Maira. Hey Maira here!" Nandini yelled waving like a lunatic in front of high profile people and even Alicia glared at her. "Oops" She muttered sheepishly looking at him and he just shook his head in annoyance.

"Hey nandini long time no see! You work here?" Maira chirped as soon as she spotted them.

"Yeah" She gave a quick hug to her and manik just hit his head with his palm.

"Let's go to the after party? I heard there's expensive alcohol." She asked expectantly looking at manik and he glanced at Nandini who was looking down fiddling with her fingers.

"Not really in a mood we will pass" He answered on behalf of nandini too and she was glad.

Maira shrugged and didn't pressure them so she left with the acquaintances she made.

"So didn't know you and maira-----" She did the hand gesture between the two and he shook his head in denial.

"It's nothing between us just mom and dad trying to hook us up because they are convinced that I'll die single." He explained and she knit her brows in confusion.

"They have met her?"

"Yeah business dinners and stuff." He mentioned casually.

"You liked each other in the past so what's the problem?" She asked crossing her arms on her chest.

"Not really looking for something right now." He simply answered and she dropped the subject.

After he talked to people in the party about business and her lurking with him they finally decided to go home.

"Let's go home." He threw an arm around her shoulder dragging her out.

○●○●○●○●

"Withering heights? Last time I checked your company was Malhotra heights?" Cabir asked confused.

They all were seated in the living room eating cookie crumble ice cream.

"Yeah actually we had a merger four months back. Dad had a heart attack so I had to take over the entire business but then it was hard to handle so we faced a lot of losses. We decided to have a merger with Maira's father's company because they were willing to provide us financial support. So we work together now." He summed up quickly and Nandini was dumbfounded.