8. Zeke

"When are you going to tell Kai that you two are married?" Caden asked once Kai retrieved to his room.

"He already knows" I replied and he looked up with a raised brow, "I gave him the letter his father left for him where it tells him about our arranged marriage,"

"And how did he take it?" Was he next question and I sighed, "I'm guessing you two haven't talked about it yet"

"Hopefully when this is over we'll sit down and talk about it more calmly." I said and he nodded, "anyway, have Tony or Lorenzo got in touch with you?"

"Tony just messaged saying that he and his guys were in position and waiting for Lorenzo to make the first move. None of Rick's guys or him have left the warehouse in the last two hours since they've been surrounding it" he replied and I nodded

"Alright, is there anything else?"

"Yeah, apparently Blaze and Rick are not blood brothers" now that was a surprise, "Blaze was taken in by Rick's father when he was 5 years old and Rick was 10. Rick and Blaze's relationship soon emerged and after Rick's father caught them in a very compromising position when Blaze was 13 and Rick 18, he sent Blaze away which angered Rick to the point where he killed his own father"

"So what Kai was saying about them having a relationship was right?" I asked and he nodded

"They saw each other for the first time 3 years ago when Rick and Kai got together and moved to Seattle," he said and I nodded

"Anything else?"

"Not as o-" he began but cut off when my phone began to ring and I took it out from my pocket and saw Lorenzo's name on the screen and quickly took the call putting it on speaker

"Speak,"

"Boss, we have a clear view of Rick's men, what do you want us to do?" He asked

"What do you mean Rick's men? Isn't he with them?"

"No, he must've gone out through a secret door because we haven't seen him leave the warehouse" Lorenzo replied

"How many men are there?"

"25 which gives me the impression that he took the others with him,"

"Who was left in charge of the remaining men?"

"Blaze," Caden looked at me and knew exactly what I was thinking by the smirk on his face, "what do you want us to do?"

"Kill them, I want Rick to know exactly who he's dealing with," I replied

"As you wish, Boss" and I could practically hear his smirk on the other end of the line before it went dead.

"Now what? If Rick is not at the warehouse, then where the hell could he be?" Caden asked and I ran frustrated fingers through my hair.

"I'm going to contact Ryder and tell him what's going on," I said and he nodded, "you keep looking at more leads that will help us find Rick,"

"Alright," he replied as I walked out of the living room and towards the kitchen as I dialed Ryder's number. Ryder Henderson is one of my most trusted friends and gang leader of the second largest mafia in Denver, The Lions. That man is as powerful as me. We've been friends since we were children despite our fathers being rivals. He, much like myself, became the leader of his gang when he was 15 but his circumstances were different. His father had been killed during a raid gone wrong much like mine had when I was 23 and met Landon Jacobson, Kai's father.

Though I had wished to accompany him at his father's funeral, I was also dealing with my own tragedy, which was the death of my mother and unborn baby brother.