5. Kai

"W-what?" I asked with wide eyes hoping that I heard wrong

"Take a seat, Kai," he said as he held his hand to the chair beside me and I swallowed the knot in my throat and sat down, instantly fiddling with my thumbs as I looked at my lap, "I know it must be shocking that I mentioned your father"

I looked up at him as my eyes stung, "ho-how do you know my dad?"

I watched as he took a deep breath before pulling out an envelope from his desk, "I met your father, Landon, a few years ago during a trade gone wrong" he began as he handed me the envelope, "I had been following a lead about money missing from sales and went to investigate further and saw two of my men trading weapons and drugs with two members of a rival gang."

I blinked not knowing why he was telling me this and how it related to my father in any way but instead of saying anything, I just waited for him to continue, "it angered me because I trusted those men with my life and the life of my brothers" he paused as he clenched his fists, brothers? I thought he only had one brother? I mean I only heard of him having one brother from John, "I knew the CIA and FBI were going to be showing up because I had Caden inform them of the trade so I had to act fast and with my mind clouded with anger, I ignored every rational thought and began shooting at them. They retaliated just as the CIA and FBI agents infiltrated the warehouse but because I was stupid and didn't wait, I was shot and was practically at hell's door."

"Wait but how does my father fit into any of this?" I asked and he ran his fingers through his hair messing it up from its waxed style and sighed.

"Your father found me in a pool of blood seconds from death and saved me by taking me out of the warehouse to get treated. Look long story short, your father and I became acquaintances and from there I learned about you. I learned that he been looking for you since you ran off with your boyfriend" I flinched at the mention of Rick, "I made a vow to your father that I'd find you and keep you safe for as long as I can. Like I told you when you arrived two days ago, you are safe here. I won't let anything happen to you while you're here." I blinked and the way he said those words made me believe him and so I nodded my head, my hair falling from its bun, "Your father and I have been great friends since we met and I know that he wishes to see you but before that can happen, you need to read that letter first before anything else."

I frowned at the envelope in my hands and something told me that whatever was inside was going to change my life. I nodded m my head and asked,"Does my father know I'm here? What about the rest of my family?"

"Your father knows that you're here and I'm sure he had already told your family about you being back in Denver and I made sure to let him know that you were still getting adjusted to your new surroundings first before you decided to meet with them" he replied and I nodded again before slowly standing back up and he did the same, "I know this is a lot to take in but I can promise that whatever happens I'll law side that no harm comes your way, okay?"

"Okay" I murmured before exiting myself and he nodded and so with this to left his office and made my way to my bedroom, where I saw Dolores-that lady who had insulted and pushed me moments earlier in the back garden solely for grabbing a flower that had already been picked but must have fallen-cutting all of my clothes making me widen my eyes, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

She only looked at me with a smirk as she continued to shred my clothes and I felt my heart break as each item was torn to pieces and felt my eyes sting. I ran to her and grabbed the scissors out of her hands making her push me back and hit my hip on the corner of the dresser, "people like you are disgusting. Men shouldn't wear women's clothing. You're an a-"

"what the fuck is going on here?" We looked towards the open door to see Zeke staring into the room with a fire burning in his eyes which made the maid freeze from ripping my clothes, "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!" He snarled practically storming into my room and grabbing the woman by the arm and dragging her out of the room ignoring her whimpers and throwing her out, "I FUCKING TOLD YOU TO RESPECT HIM. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

I stood in the middle of my room with tears streaming down my face as I held the torn-up pieces of clothes that I had spent months buying whenever Rick was in a good mood and now it was all gone. I didn't even know I had sat down as tears continue to cascade down my face until I felt rough fingers gently lift my head and Zeke stared at me as he gently wiped the tears away, "she'll be punished for what she did as she crossed the line by destroying your clothes. I'll have Caden and Tony accompany you to the mall tomorrow to buy new clothes," I sniffled and nodded letting him remove the torn clothes out of my hands, "why don't you get some rest?"

"Okay," I whispered as he helped me to my feet and tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear which had my face heating up. Rick was never this gentle with me before so it was something I never expected from someone such as Zeke since he's always scowling or glaring at people that pass by.

"I'll have John come get you when dinner is ready," he said dropping his hand down and I nodded and so with that, Zeke walked out of my room closing the door gently behind him. I sighed and walked into the en-suite bathroom and washed my face before walking back into my room and changing into the only clothes I had left which were a pair of silk pajama pants and a white tank top. I noticed the envelope from earlier on the foot of the bed and grabbed it before climbing in pulling the covers up and taking a deep breath as I ripped the envelope open.

Dear, Kai.......