42. Zeke

June 30, 2020

Kai was closing in on 29 weeks and the last thing I wanted was for him to deal with this. It's been nearly a year since my family was threatened and I had hoped that we were done with this shit. But no, fuckers were waiting to strike.

"I want you to do whatever you can to track this fucker down," I said turning to Caden who nodded as he pulled his laptop out of its bag. Kai had gotten the note this morning during his trip to the mall with his brothers. I didn't send any of the bodyguard so and assigned to him because I didn't think he's need them. Not since our last attack which had been nearly a year ago.

You're looking exceptionally beautiful little one. Don't you worry, when you least expect it you'll be with me and we'll live happily, don't worry, I'll be the best dad those little ones will ever have, I assure you. Just wait, love, and you'll be with me once and for all.
J

Fuck. Why the fuck did I think it was safe for him to go out without guards? Oh right, I didn't. I was stupid to think that he'd be safe with his brothers but look what happened.

"I don't know who this is or how this note got in my bag, but Zeke, I'm scared." Kai had said when he returned from the mall. He was in tears with a look of utter fear in his eyes. I couldn't blame him though. We had both begun to feel as if we were finally free from all of the bullshit, but we were wrong. Who was this J person? I don't know anyone that could want to hurt Kai or me with that name.

"I think I found who this J person is," Caden said breaking me out of my thoughts and walked towards him before looking down at the screen.

He had hacked into the mall's security cameras and each of the frames of Kai with his brothers were shown but there in each frame—just behind them—was an unknown male with a dark hoody, black jeans, white baseball cap and red tennis shoes following them.

"Can you zoom in on him?" I asked and he nodded before clicking on the keypads before the frozen image of the stalker was zoomed in. I clenched my jaw as I recognized the bastard.

"Jackson Robertson."

"I thought he was dead?" Caden asked just as pissed and surprised as I was.

"He will be once I get my hands on him."

******

"Hello Jackson," I greeted the male as he stepped out of the diner making him freeze in his tracks as he turned his head in my direction. I saw fear flash in his eyes as they locked with mine.

"Ez-Ezekiel," he stuttered and I smirked pushing off the wall I had been leaning on and stepped closer to him but Jackson only stood back.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of me?" I feigned being hurt and he quickly composed himself and clenched his jaw.

"Never." He replied acting tough but I could see right through him.

Jackson Robertson—with absolute no relationship to myself or my brother—was known to not be the brightest bulb in the pack. He was one of Fredrick's henchmen. Yes the same bastard that had kidnapped Caroline in order to get Kai but that never happened. Jackson,like I said, wasn't smart and he probably didn't think that he'd get caught the same day that he left that note on Kai.

"You know," I said tilting my head as he stood a few feet away from me, he just looked at me, "I don't quite understand how stupid one person can be."

"I'm not stupid," he snarled and I raised a brow as I held the note the idiot before me wrote to Kai and his eyes dated towards it and frowned.

"So I'm guessing you didn't leave this note for my husband?" I asked and he shook his head

"I don't quite believe you, Jack," I replied and he glared, he hated that name. I smirked as I pulled the chair beside me and turned it around before throwing a leg over it and sitting down, my arms hanging over the backrest of the chair. "You see, my husband had gone to the mall with his brothers." He swallowed but said nothing, "When he got back home he was quite upset. And you know what happens when my husband is upset?"

He shook his head and I smiled before standing up and walking towards him and Jackson,like before, took several feet back before his back collided with the wall behind him. He was trapped and he knew it as I caged him between my arms.

"I kill the person responsible for that,"I whispered in his ear and his breath hitched at my words before I stepped back. "But before that, I like to play with my toys."

"I-I" he stuttered but I shook my head.

"Tell me, Jackson," I said cutting him off and he looked up at me, "Who wrote that note?" He furrowed his brows and I raised a brow, "I know you well enough to know that you didn't write that note."

He fidgeted in his spot.

Jackson Robertson didn't know how to read or write. I know because we're the same age and he has the mentality of a child due to the abuse he's sustained from his parents. I remember one time a few years back before my mother was killed and my father was actually a good man, that he had brought Jackson home to live with us but due to unfortunate circumstances he was sent back to live with his biological parents—the same people that have kept him locked in his room since he was a toddler. I didn't hear about him for years until I learned that he has been taken in by Frederick and his family.

"I did write that note," he replied at last and I nodded pulling the paper from its envelope.

"Then read it," I said handing it to him and Jackson just stared at it. Fredrick's family was just as ruthless as Jackson's biological family were. They treated Jackson as a slave, how I would know that? Because my gang has been enemies with Fredrick's for many years and I've always watched how the bastard treated Jackson. I've tried to get Jackson to leave Fredrick's gang and join mine but he was so devoted to that man that he rejected my offer.

Jackson took the note from my hands and swallowed, he opened and closed his mouth as he stared down at the piece of paper in his hands before crumbling the paper.

"Who wrote that note, Jackson." I stated but he shook his head. "It was Fredrick wasn't it?" He tensed at the mention of that man and I had my answer. I knew he was behind it and I knew he most likely forced Jackson to leave that note behind to scare Kai.

"He forced you didn't he," I asked and he looked up with tearful eyes before nodding. "He won't be hurting you again, Jackson. I promise."