Horatio Caine 2.

A/n mentions of abuse.
I sat down on the bench in the holding cell,I had gotten my self I'm trouble,sort of. Normally I'm the one who keeps the others calm,but not this time. I had been talking to a witness about her wereabouts,things went fine to start with until I got into a heated argument with her lawyer about her abusing her husband. She said he was hitting her,but I had evidence that she was abusing him.

Her lawyer James Proctor said because the woman,Millisa Carter was a lot smaller than her husband Callum Carter,it would not be possible for her to attack him,but I said of course it is possible. Since Horatio is out in the field,Frank had told me to cool off in a holding cell. That was two hours ago,I decided to stay out of the way until James Proctor had gone.

I lay down on the bench thinking about what H would say when he got back,I knew he would want to hear my side of events,but because this Proctor guy is well respected I knew I was in some serious hot water. I turn my head to look at the door as it is opened and my boss,Horatio Caine walked into the room. He is dressed in his normal black suit and blue shirt,I like the blue shirt on him, it matched his eyes.

"This is the last place I expected to see you,Y/n" he said taking off his sunglasses, I sat up so he could sit beside me"Frank tells me you had a argument "
"Yeah,I blew up at some prick of a lawyer" I say
"Can you tell me about it?" H asks,I look at the floor and say
"I was talking to the witness Millisa Carter to confirm the details of her wereabouts,until her lawyer James Proctor tried to tell me that her husband Callaum had been abusing her,but she is the one abusing him".

"How do you know this?" H asks curious
"Because... I know the sings" I say"My own brother Mark was in a abusive relationship, he told me about it but never left his abusive girlfriend...and in the end she killed him and her self"
"You have never said this before" he says,looking at me
"I know,most people would never believe that my brother was the victim,because he was such a big guy" I explain.

"As long as the people who loved him know the truth,we can deal with the others at a different time"
"I guess"I say" I hope you don't except me to apologize to that lawyer"I ask,finally looking at H,he thinks then says
"No I don't expect you to".

We left the holding cell,and went back to work. I am working with H for the rest of the case. Apparently he needed my help with some car stuff. I know a lot about cars but so does Eric,I didn't think to much into it though. The drive back to the lab is quite, I could feel H glancing at me every so often. I think he asked me something, but I was distracted by a red Ford Mustang.

"Y/n are you listening?" H asks
"Huh" I ask confused,glancing at H who smiles and says
"I said what's got your attention?"
"The beautiful 1976 Red Ford Mustang" I say,I then explain to him all about the Mustang. As we got back,H asks
"How do you all this?"
"Former student of Top Gear,now current student of the Grand Tour" I say as we head into the lab
"I'm not familiar with those shows" H says
"Most Americans aren't" I say.