Chapter Eighty-Five

I hummed softly as I laid my head against the wall behind him. Such silence..... I hate it... Diavolo is going to play dirty by killing everyone I cared for and risked my life to save... Narancia's life... was the only one I couldn't.....

My mind flashed back to what Abbachio said back when we were in Sardinia....

"I can't save everyone..." I muttered and looked down at Narancia. He looked so peaceful as though he was just asleep..... asleep for eternity... 

I looked back to the way the others ran off of to get the arrow... I don't even have the will to try anymore... but.. I don't want Narancia's death to be in vein... I gently settled him down on the ground as I stood up and clasped my hands together and gave a silent prayer for five minutes before turning around and running off to catch up with the others. 

I'm not going to let Diavolo ruin my hardwork!! Not now. Not EVER!!!

Narancia's POV: I'm still crying sadness, but I ain't letting that stop me on writing this!!!

I'm....cold.... so cold.... I don't know where I am... Its so dark... I couldn't move nor could I feel anything at all.. 

I couldn't even look around. My ears only rang in silence as I felt at ease somehow... Did I die...? Is this it for me..? I didn't think dying would be so peaceful....yet... it's so... lonely... 

But... I could hear something... muffled words... what is it saying..? 

"....N.....Nar...a.....Narancia...?" The voice said.... Who was... Narancia..? Was I Narancia? Am I this... Narancia they speak of..? " ...can....Ca...can you ....he....hear..  me?"

I can barely hear you.... Who are you? Where am I? What is this place...? The voice stopped once more... no please talk... I feel lonely out here... I feel lonely in this place... 

After minutes or maybe hours... I could hear voices again... but it wasn't the same one from last time... though... these voices all sound so familiar... 

"N...Nara..Narancia..." A soft voice said... I feel as though I knew that voice... was that....mom...? Mom... I'm here... I'm right hear...

"..I'm.....right....he....re..." I barely spoke. I didn't think speaking in the afterlife would be so hard...

"You sure you don't need to go to school..." Another voice said, much clearer than the last ones, "you actually come from a decent home.."

My mind was soon flashback to my past... as I do, more voices came in...that were all too familiar...

"Look at that..."

"Heard his mom died from an eye disease too..."

"Wow, they really let you out..? I don't want to get infected...Stay the hell away from me..."

Bastard... I remember that.... that pain in the ass voice... my mind was slowly working once again, but still not enough strength to move my body...

"I'd like to feed him some spaghetti!" A new voice declared... Who was that...? Sounded... sounded so familiar... "You don't mind do you!"

"Why...did you do all this for me..." That was my voice just now... I recognize my voice but...it...it sounded so...young...

"There's no need..." Another voice replied to it... That...that sound just like.... what... what was his name.... "If you want, you can stay at my house...But kids like you....should go back home....to their parents... Also go to school... Got it..?"

Memories freely flowed back into my mind from my past to what seems to be... what i remember now...

"Oh I get it!" I can hear my voice say, "Six times five is thirty! nice!"

More and more recognizable voices rang in my ears and began remembering names along the way... Mista... Fugo... Abbachio... Giorno... Trish... Bucciarati... but...

"Narancia..." It was that same voice again from the beginning... "Can you hear me...? It's me.... y/n...." Y/n.... Y/n.... That sounds... familiar...

"Please.....Please come back..." Why do you sound so sad..? I can hear you.. But... I don't know where you are... 

After those last words from that voice... everything fades away again, like nothing ever happened to begin with...

"To think I can protect you.... I blame myself... but if its the last thing I do... I'll end this and put Diavolo in his place...I know you'll be watching Nara... I hope you can forgive me... I wasn't the at my best to protect you..." 

Protect me... from my death...? How did I die..? I was able to move my fingers a bit as I flinched a small motion.... 

"Please... come back.... If I have to sacrifice my own remaining life... if I had any left... I would be sure to give it all to you... so you can breath again... You never gave on me, and I won't give up on you..! Count on it..!"

This Y/n is stuntman/woman to pull this off... pull this off...

Suddenly, a small glint of light appeared just ahead of me... Do... Do I really have enough will power to come back alive..? The light seemed so far... and I seem to just drift away...

"Narancia..."

"Narancia"

"Narancia..!"

"Narancia.."

"NARANCIA!!!!!!"

But... these voices.... they wouldn't stop... why..? 

"Narancia, you were a fool to have taken the test... but I guess it can't be helped... welcome to the team..." A bright hand reaches out for me, but I still could barely move my arm... I want to reach.. I want to reach out and take this voices hand.... Bucciarati's hand..

"You may never know unless you try right? Come on! Get up..! This isn't even the hardest part of the mission y'know?" Another hand reached out as well... Mista... always trying to push everyone anf giving encouragement... I thought I was the mascot of the team.. 

"Why are you on the ground for? Get up you're not a baby you know... This team seriously has turned into a daycare... come on, here take my hand." Another hand reached out.... The tone was familiar enough to know it was Abbachio...

I pushed my body to reach out to them to move and take their hand, but I was still too far way...

"I don't understand why you and the others would risk your lives for someone like me... but you all taught me how to grow.. and this time.. I want to grow along side all of you.. you lifted me up, now I will lift you up as well.." Trish's hand appeared and reach out as well.. 

I'm...I'm beginning to see their faces in the light... I can feel the light grow brighter and brighter...

"No one will hurt you ever again... We'll take you back home with us no matter what happens... no one will ever be left behind.." Giorno... I can hear all their voices clearly now as I reached the light, finally able to move my body once more... I had to close my eyes a bit due to the strong light that could blind me... 

"Narancia.." I heard a voice say... Y/n's voice. "Please....Come back...Back to us.. .Back to me.." I looked up seeing them stand there with open arms, with a welcoming aura and feeling of safety and secure. 

"..I am.. I am and i will!!" I said as I closed my eyes and went to hug them..... then everything went black again as I could feel I'm surrounded by coldness once again... Was it..... Was it... just a dream...?

I slowly opened my eyes as my vision was a bit blurry... I feel sore all around... I pushed myself up from the cold ground I laid as I noticed I was covered up with vines and flowers. "Where.... Where am I.." I muttered to myself as I looked around....I was....I was at the Colosseum..."