Chapter Forty-Three

"It's currently 6:34 p.m. I got here twenty minutes after the train stopped." A purple hair said as he seems to be talking on the phone, "I can't find Prosciutto or Pesci anywhere either on the train or outside. Though looking closely at the riverbank, there was blood flowing along the stream, closer inspections, it does look like Pesci or Pros could have died and their bodies thrown in the riverbank for no evidence...but" He takes a small vile and inspect the red liquid inside it. "the red color looked to dull and still see through, confirming this is no blood..." He drank the bit of liquid in the vile, "...but cherry flavor juice... smart to throw off anyone just by a glance. Who could you be doing all this.."

"Focus, you're still talking to me." the voice said on the other side of the burner phone, "Now, where are Bucciarati's team and the girl?"

"They're long gone," The male replied.

"You think you'll be able to track them down, Melone?"

"Mhm, I'll be able to manage." Melone answered as he walked over to the spot where there were droplets of blood laying able on the floor. He got a small bit of DNA from the blood placing it in another small vile. "I've managed to get a blood sample.... Could be Bucciarati's..."

Back in the Train...

Illuso was peering out, noticing Melone outside. "Ah, well shit, took him long..." He said as he turned to the others. Prosciutto looked annoyed as hell as Formaggio was patching him and Pesci up from some major and minor injuries on them... especially Pesci, he had to wear a cask around his neck.

"So I wasn't delusional when I saw you!" Pesci sniffled.

"Nah, we were here the entire time," Formaggio replied, "but we didn't want to intervene.

"You're welcome." Illuso added.

"For fuck sake, you two helped the enemy! You traitors!" Prosciutto exclaimed.

"Which is better, being a salty ass prick who complains he never got the mission completed? Or being grateful you're alive and were given a second chance to live to correct your way?" Illuso said narrowing his eyes, "If you can't answer that, then I've made my point...."

Prosciutto clamped his mouth shut as he huffed in reply and turn his head. ".....So what now.... sit around and wait? Play dead with you two idiots?"

"Yes, yes, and another." Formaggio said as he pulled out a piece of paper. "Written by Y/n of course... ahem, I'm glad we got to save Prosciutto and Pesci, I couldn't have done it without you two... but don't celebrate yet. Stay on the train, Melone will board the train all the way to the station it was destined to stop. Keep an eye on his movement, the next thing you need to be prepare for is a snake." Formaggio read, "Melone will step out of the train and the snake will appear on top of the train, fall onto Melone, and bite him on the tongue. Prevent that from happening... I'll leave the rest up to you. Yours truly, Y/n.... PS, Sorry bout what happened Illuso, please don't think about it too much."

The other three looked at Illuso who's cheeks grew warm at what the letter meant.

"So we're just needing to ride this train to the station, and stalking Melone.....Not creepy at all..." Pros sighs.

"Whether you like it or not, they're saving our sorry ass..." Illuso replied as he gets back to reality. "Well...... poker anyone? It's going to be a long ride..."

In the Turtle...

We all sat in silence as the only sound that could be heard was the sound of the timer ticking away the seconds.

"Let me get this straight...." Bruno said taking a sharp breath in and out, "you.... LET the enemy live..... do you know that there are consequences if a mistake is made?"

"It wasn't a mistake I purposely sa-"

"DID I SAY YOU CAN TALK?!" Bruno yelled

Once again silence. No one can look anyone in the eye at the moment, Narancia was looking around, anywhere but on me or Bruno, he fears Bruno might snap at him too... 

Mista and Fugo avoided eye contact by either sipping their drinks in silence, reading a book, or doing both, and acting like they don't care....but they do. 

Abbachio had his arms crossed and only listens and had his eyes closed, and he thought he was being harsh. 

Trish still felt guilty once more about this, she didn't mean to put you under the spotlight... she was just so frantic of what was happening around her all of a sudden, she didn't think of her actions and what cause it would do.

Giorno looked over to me as I looked down to my hands in silence as I waited obediently. I had never in my entire life seen Bruno snap like this... other than the fact he did to Narancia when he was a kid, but that was about it... Though his way of snapping right now was far different compared to Narancia's.

Bruno ran his hands on his face, stress enough as he is, he didn't know what words to describe at the moment of what he feels, there were no words at all to tell even. 

Everyone stayed that way for a very, very long time. I don't know how long but the timer went off indicating five minutes.... are you kidding? That felt like fucking hours.

Bruno never got up from his seat, no one even dared move at all. It stayed like this for a few more minutes.... until Bruno finally decided to move.

What he did and what he said next surprised and shocked everyone. I wasn't expecting it either.

"Your pin..." He began as held out his hand.

I was confused for a moment. "For what..?" I asked. Maybe I should learn when to keep my mouth shut.

"You're off the team."

Author Note:

Heyo everyone! I've noticed everyone talks about In Bocca Al Lupo, I have not read that far in the book yet, but I heard its a really good book. However, I have no idea what you all mean by that. Oh Well!! Bruno is just being a mom here, looking out for his little baby chicks, he's not like Yoshikage who's going to slap the bitch fuck right out of Hayato XD.