Chapter Nineteen

Mista's POV:

Of course I'm in this mess... My luck is totally shot... Four's never been a good number, even as a kid I knew that... You'll never know what you're going to get when it shows it's ugly face.

Thankfully, the other numbers are there to pick up the slack.. I've got one shot left... Which must mean the worse is behind me! Right? Lucky number one, don't fail me now!

"Number five, number six, lets do the damn thing!" Seven chanted as he helped his comrades onto the bullet he was on. "Together, we can end this prick!! This our last shot boys, so we have to make it count!"

The two bullets cheered. I loaded the gun once more and did my best to aim at Sale.

"You can drop the pathetic bravado act, Mista!" Sale pointed at him, "Your trigger happy days are over Moron! I don't care what your bullet riding stooges can do or how many of them you shoot at me, at this distance, I can do whatever the hell I want." He began gloating, "I can defend myself and have time to spare."

I looked at him still trying to take aim... Then I looked at the bullet holes underneath him. "pistols. Change of plans... " I whispered, my stand seems to be confused on what I meant. "Shoot the bullet downward in the truck, but don't hit Y/n, got it?" I told them, "I don't know why, but I felt this aura, this dark menacing aura, for quite sometime now and it's not user friendly. So hit the bullet downward and get to the others..." I instructed. Of course, it seemed impossible to think about it, but the numbers never found it impossible to begin.

"You got it Mista!" Number six answered and nodded his head to the others. "Let's beat this motherfucker!"

"yea!" Seven and Five cheered.

I looked back to Sale and kept my gun pointed at him. "Hey loudmouth! If I said I had one bullet left in this chamber, would you believe me?"

"Huh?"

"That's right you heard me," I continued, "I still got one shot left... If you manage to move this out of the way, then I'll be out of bullets and completely at your mercy...you'll find out sooner or later, so why lie to you? If I screw up this last shot you'll know anyway... I'll be out of ammo after this, so I figured you'd appreciate of me being upfront."

Sale looked unconvinced and I'm just here covering my bullet injury as it was still gushing out blood.

"Honestly, whether or not I launch this, it'll be fixed in the air" I grunted barely, "Although, if we're being real with ourselves, we both know that you're going to die..."

"Why do you insist spewing nonsense Mista," Sale said his eyes nearly dilated, "rattle all you want about your bullets, it doesn't really matter.. You can shoot one or a hundred of those at me but you're never going to be able to bring me down-"

"Whoever said I was the one who's going to do that" I said.

"What?!"

I shot the last bullet with the numbers five, six, and seven on it.

"Alright fellas!" Seven instructed, "strike the bullet hard!"

"Downward!" all three yelled in unison as they kicked the bullet. Sale was ready to defended himself. Idiot, I wasn't aiming for you...

The bullet went straight for him, as soon as it was close, it went downward and hit the truck causing a hole on it.

"that was a close call," Sale said breaking a small cold sweat down his cheek, "but you missed, by now you're out of bullets..."

"Ah well shucks..." I groaned, trying to sound sarcastic.

Suddenly, there was a loud thud inside the truck that caused me and Sale to look down in silence. We waited there for a moment. I'm sure Sale is probably thinking it was the bullet. Another loud thud. Followed by another, and another, and another.