Chapter Sixty: Fugo's Regret

Fugo's POV: 

I sat on the roof of the opposite side where my former friends were at.... pretty my the opposite side where Rigatoni was shot in the neck by Mista's bullet and fell off right here as Giorno's ability created vines to grow from the bullet lodged in his throat. In short...it looked like he committed suicide and just hung on the side of this building. I didn't bother helping him... I don't know why...

Walking down 29th and park, I saw you in another's arms

I turned my head to the direction as I can see the others were finally back on their feet and began their walk to the nearest airport which should by Marco Polo International Airport. 

I watched them leave as Mista was back at his usual self and making a joke about Narancia while casually putting his arms around Y/n and Narancia yelling incoherent word at him... hm, typical... I watch as Y/n was preventing them from getting into a fight while in a fit of laughter.

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier... I let out a small sigh. I know the boss ordered us.... well... me now that is... to kill them but.. I can't... I don't want to.. 

I held my head slightly as more confusement hits me.. but nevertheless after, I followed them in secret.

Saw you walk inside a bar, he said something to make you laugh

I stopped and hid whenever they would go to a store to get something they need, mostly Y/n, I can faintly hear them complaining, that they need a charge or they'll die... Then Abbachio made a joke, a real joke, that made Y/n laugh and wheeze. The others seem to laugh as well.

I can see Abbachio didn't hold back himself as he...smiled.

"I didn't think you'd have any humor Abba!" Y/n wiped a tear away as they pat his back and him ruffling their hair and calling them an annoying brat.

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours,

 yeah you look happier, you do... They soon began they're walk again. Guessing Marco Polo International Airport was close, it was alright for them to walk.

I could be walking with them, talking, hitting a conversation, even laughing with them... but then I remembered why I stayed... and they left.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

Thinking back, I feel I could have said something.... I could have gone with them...I believed in Bruno that he can make anything possible... then I let fear take hold.... Thinking to Y/n's sleeping figure on that boat when they left... I felt a pain of regret...

But ain't nobody love you like I do

I would understand that Y/n wouldn't trust me after what had happened... especially earlier... Rigatoni was still somewhat alive at the time... He was going to shoot them and I... reacted. I took hold of his rifle and fired it to the sky, resulting to Giorno and Mista working one last time and fired a bullet to his neck.

Promise that I will not take it personal baby

Still... I can't shake the feeling that... if I didn't stop Rigatoni... they would've died... or worse.. everyone would've...

If you're moving on with someone new

I shook my head from that thought and looked once more before proceeding to follow behind them unseen. Even for a distance, I can see the sun shining down on Y/n, radiating their smile. 

Cause baby you look happier, you do

I always wondered how they could smile through this kind of situation... Shouldn't they be afraid..? Be terrified that they might die? They gathered the others together as they took, what seems to be a selfie. Seeing them all that close... looks like they bring everyone closer together..