🚫PDA

A|N YET ANOTHER Reedsy Prompt! But I'm actually excited for this one!

Annabeth

I live in a world where PDA, or Public Displays of Affection, is absolutely FORBIDDEN! I had no trouble with this law... that is, until I got a boyfriend.

His name is Percy Jackson. He was always pretty good about following the PDA rule. We almost touched once in a restaurant, it was absolutely scandalous!

But one day, we were walking down the street, this is in crowded and cramped Times Square, we grabbed each other's hands. Everyone stopped walking. They all turned to look at us, and you could probably hear a pin drop. It was silent until someone shrieked loudly. 

The crowd parted for the cop car that drove up to us. 

"Let go of each other, nasty little law breakers!" A cop yelled.

Still holding hands, we ran for it. We knocked over half the crowd trying to run back to Percy and I's apartment. We were almost there when one cop grabbed my arm from behind! 

"SAVE YOURSELF SEAWEED BRAIN!!" I screamed at Percy. He looked crestfallen and held on to me tightly, and pulled me out of the cops' grasps, we were sprinting now, and I could hear the sirens of the cop cars in the distance. We were almost there! 

But the police were gaining on us, so we jumped into an alley way and watched a police car zoom by. I kissed him, and then pulled away. 

"Ok, seaweed brain, I've got a plan." I explained to him that the plan was to leave the alley, 2 feet away from each other and walk to his apartment building. If we were caught, we would play dumb and pretend to have no recollection of holding hands in public, and probably make some stupid remark about that being scandalous or some shit. 

We stepped out of the alley when no one was watching. We were so close to our apartment, when a cop car pulled up, the window opened and the cop says, "Weren't y'all the ones holdin' han's or sumn?" I gasped.

"We would never do something so, so- retched in public!" I half-shrieked. He nodded and kept driving. We walked into the apartment, and there was so much more than PDA happening in there that night, if you catch my drift..

A|N I loved writing this chapter!! I hope everyone enjoyed this shit! 

That's all,

PEACE OUT HOMIES!!!