Chapter 55

Marshall's POV

"Let me in Marshall, I swear to god" Tee screeched into the intercom.

I had upgraded the system due to a few security breaches so Paul had tightened the procedure before people got past and had forgotten to add Tees name off the list by accident.

This was the best mistake ever.

So far it was working out great, certain people couldn't just waltz in and sit their ass on my counter.

"Sorry Who is this?" I smirked I tot he intercom "Have you been through clearance?

"Boss she's threatening to beat me if you don't let her in"

"Motherfuck..."

Chelsea giggled from the lounge "Come on, Don't piss her off Marsh, you know she's gonna have your balls"

I rolled my eyes "Fine, ok, let her ass in"

I unlocked the door and walked back in sitting next to Chelsea.

"She's gonna be wild you made her wait"

I snorted as the front door burst open and Tee stomped into the living room, slamming her bag down on the coffee table and then ditching some magazines at me, straightening herself up and pointing at me.

"Hello to you too Tee"

"You"

"What?"

"Don't think just because you're famous and surrounded by security I would not beat your ass into unconsciousness"

"It was a joke, Chill woman"

She flung her hands in the air and gave me a look as if I just cussed her out.

"Fuck you Marshall, I was out there for 20 minutes and it's cold as fuck"

"Ok fine fuck" I said with a shrug "What your dramatic ass want anyways, where's the fire?"

She sat down and pointed to the magazines "Y'all getting married without me again I see"

I looked into my lap, reading the headlines on the front pages "Rags to Riches fairytale" and then some story about how Chelsea and I came up from nothing, blah blah.

"This isn't really gossip worthy new Tee, I don't understand?" Chelsea said handing Tee a drink.

"It's what's written, the person that's given the information, a lot of that shit is personal, like myself or other family members, your moms selling her stories"

Can't say I was surprised, she didn't seem to be the kind of mother that wouldn't sell her daughter out.

"Are you sure?, it might be Chad"

"Could be, well have to see what we can find out"

Chelsea sighed and I rubbed her thigh "Hate to have to say this baby but you'll eventually get use to the disappointment, wait till suddenly your whole family wants shit to do with you because you're with someone like me, they see dollar signs and somehow forget you haven't ever had shit to do with them"

"I can see why you're careful"

"It gets easier, you learn to read people, you learn how to differentiate and decide who belongs on your circle and who don't" I say giving her a reassuring smile "Start with getting rid of Tee"

"Excuse me motherfucker, I am ride or die day one for her, and you now so it seems, I haven't signed one of those NDA's don't make me spread rumours about your nasty kinky ass"

———

I listened to Chelsea's voice mail for the millionth time.

It wasn't like her to pick up, I knew she had meeting all day but it was now 5 and she's normally home at 3.

Suddenly my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mr Mathers?"

"Yeah..."

"Mr Mathers, I'm a nurse calling from Henry Ford Hospital, we have you down are Ms Sparks emergency contact"

"What? What happened, is she ok?"

"Yea, she's fine, stable, she was in a hit and run, lucky there was someone with medical training on the scene"

"Oh fuck" I said starting to panic "What room is she??"

I jotted down the info and grabbed my keys, gunning it for the hospital, stressing out the whole time while I parked.

I couldn't believe this, who the fuck hits someone's and leaves?

I jumped out of my car and ran to reception, not even putting my jumper on, being inconspicuous was the least of my worries right now.

After talking to the nurse she pointed me in the direction of Chelsea's room.

I walked down the corridor, stopping at her door, taking a breath as I grabbed the handle, closing my eyes for a moment then walking into the room.

I come into view of Chelsea, wired up to machines asleep, bandage on her head and arm in a sling.

I sat down in a chair next to her and pulled it in closer.

"Hey baby, it's Marshall, I'm here"

I kissed her on the forehead as she groaned.

Her eyes opened slowly and she squinted at me.

"Mmmarshall?

"Yeah baby"

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital baby, you were involved in a hit and run, the police will be in to ask you questions as soon as they tell them when you've woken up" I said hitting the button for the nurse then kissing Chelsea again.

"All I remember is walking to the coffee shops, and seeing a blue car"

"I'm gonna end whoever did this when I find out" I said through gritted teeth.

"It could have been and accident right?" Chelsea said quietly.

"People don't normally leave the scene after a hit and run if it's an accident"

She sighed "I guess"

"Ms Sparks, good to see you awake!" the nurse said walking into the room and started to check Chelsea's OBS "Are you happy for me to contact the police to come question you? They asked for us to notify them as soon as you wake but I can give you a few moments"

"No, it's fine, let's get this over with"

The nurse nodded and then left the room.

"Just tell them what you can remember, I'll sort your car out later, let's just focus on this"

"God I hope this isn't going to be a big thing, I really want it to be an accident"

"Baby, with your crazy ex out there, I'm not so sure"

She sat back and winced.

"You'll be okay babe, I promise"