Chapter 40

Chelsea POV

It was weird living at Marshall's.
His house was both beautiful, modest and massive.

Much like his three personas.

As far as we knew, my house has been revisited more then once.

So Marshall sent his full team of security with Hunter and myself to collect the rest of my things and then informed me that I definitely would not be returning anytime soon.

I don't blame him for being protective, it's just not something I've been use too.

When my house got broken into when I was seeing Chad, he wasn't worried at all, he wasn't worried they stole my spare set of house keys, he wasn't worried I had to go stay at Hunters for the weekend until they fixed the smashed back window.

Hell he wasn't even worried when they returned a week later and stole more stuff.

Hunter had to help me through it, not my own boyfriend because as I quote "shit happens".

I'm also not use to my boyfriend taking control in situations like this, and it's very refreshing as I've always had to rely on myself all these years.

Even my ex husband was so lazy at life, I still question how we were together.

I mean the only thing we had in common is that we were from Warren and were poor and it's obvious that's why we got together.

All we had was each other.

But I stupidly thought we were in love, got pregnant with Hunter, got married to him, then continued to support his lazy ass through our twenty year marriage that I'm still sure to this day he was unfaithful for about ninety percent of it.

Then Marshall Mathers came along.

I use to worship him as a teenager and never in my wildest dream did I ever even think of meeting him.

And now he worships me, funny how the universe works huh?

He's nothing like the others, even though he too had his infidelity in his marriages to Kim.

It was this moment that I was in awe of the man.

So much passion was harnessed inside one human being.

It was almost beautifully catastrophic.

If you could catch a chaos in a bottle then transfer it to emotion, that would be the perfect way to explain Marshall Mathers.

Complete Chaos.

And at this point Marshall was ready to make it rain fire on whoever was involved in the break ins.

I could see it in his eyes, occasionally it flashed through them as he spoke about it.

Seeing that man angry was terrifying, he has this power about him that people seemed to underestimate because he appeared to be quiet, humble and reserved when he wasn't in the booth rapping.

By the time most realised they had fucked up and crossed him, it was too late.

Over my time with Marshall both as a close friends and then his girlfriend, I've realised a few things about him.

Not only is he passionate with his music but he's also passionate about those people he cares about around him.

In other words he would move mountains for you but if you crossed him and the people he cared about there would be hell to pay.

The literal meaning of hell, and you didn't want that.

I sat in Marshall's home office, he had gotten it rearranged and bought another desk so I could work from home in it.