sᴛᴀʏ

You snapped out of your thoughts. Why the fuck are you hesitating?? He was literally offering you your freedom. You gathered all your strength to stand up then walked closer to the window. You tried to spot if there were any traps outside, but it seemed as there were none. Quietly, you made your way out of the room and to the first floor. No one was here. In the corner of your eyes,  you saw that the door was open.

Near the door was an umbrella and your shoes beside it. Holy shit, he was really letting you go! Still in disbelief, you walked towards the door. You slid on your shoes then went to grab the umbrella. 'What if its a trap?' A voice in your head pointed out. You stopped.

I shouldn't take this risk.

With a dull expression, you walked towards the door then closed it. You slid off your shoes and sat on a couch. Emotions swirled through you as you wondered if you made the right decision. No, it had to be the right decision, because if it wasn't...then you wouldn't know what to do with yourself. After all, this situation was too good to be true. You were sure that IF you tried to run away, someone out there would be ready to chase you. Now that you thought about it, where was the man with the black hair?

You knew that they were in on it together, so it had to be a trap. The more you thought of your situation, the more you were convinced that you would never get out of his grasp. Red-hot tears ran down your face as you tried to stop the sobs that came out of your mouth. You missed the feeling of relief and freedom, but you were too scared to run away.

You embraced your knees as you tried to calm your violent sobbing. You closed your eyes and prayed that you were just having a nightmare. You felt the couch sink beside you and arms that snuggled you into his chest. Even though you tried to convince yourself that this was all fake, his warmth was too real.

So, you stayed there, motionless and hid inside his arms like a coward.

- - -

"Huh, so the bitch stayed." Izumi, the black haired man, stared at both of your figures from the stairs. His grip tightened on the hand rail as he kept his fury hidden inside of him. Yoru was his otouto, so only he should be the only one by his side. Izumi forced himself to let out a small smile as Yoru spotted him. The assassin mouthed a small thank you while he hugged the sobbing girl in his arm.

Izumi shrugged it off then proceeded to go back upstairs. When he arrived to the safety of his room, the anger that boiled within him was released. Izumi punched the wall beside him and let out a growl. Fires of fury and hatred were evident in his blue grey eyes. With clenched jaws, he stared at the picture of him and his precious otouto before he grabbed it and-

Izumi let out a sigh and diminished his anger. He could never break anything that was a reminder of him and Yoru's memories. Although they were not blood related brothers, they were still family. And to Izumi, family is the most important.

"I miss the good old days when it was only us...can it be like that again?"

- - -

Meanwhile, Yoru turned his gaze to your figure then placed a kiss on top of your head. "I promise that I'll treat you the best my princess. I will make it up for you, so, thank you for deciding to stay with me."

"I mean, it would've been better if you begged me to stay by your side, but I guess this is good too." He chuckled.

After a while, your sobs quieted and your shaking calmed down. You had accepted defeat, you had given up on all hope. You decided that you would just endure whatever Yoru wanted to do with you. Surely, it wouldn't be that bad..right? Thinking that you had calmed down, Yoru let go of you then raised your head in order to meet your eyes. He gave you a smile that reached his eyes.

"I'm finally going to eat ramen with you." He noticed the confusion in your face then chuckled.

"Remember when it was raining after school? I noticed you were hungry so I told you to go with me to this ramen shop. We never did get to eat ramen because of those worthless thugs though...what a shame. But, no matter, we can eat right now."

- - -

The meal with him was very awkward and uncomfortable. Not only did he keep staring at you, but every time that you would eat, he would let out a snicker. This resulted in you not eating much of the delicious ramen. When you had finished, Yoru let you rest in the room you were originally in.

Apparently, you had to share a bedroom with him now for you to 'fall in love' with him more. You were uncomfortable, but you told yourself to endure it and fake your reactions so you wouldn't get hurt. It was already three in the afternoon, but the sky was dull because of the weather. It was funny how even the sky cried for you.

Your situation right now was truly pitiful. If only you had enough courage then maybe, just maybe you would be in a different position right now. 'Yeah, like dead in a basement or chained up somewhere.'

You let out a sigh of annoyance as you tried to shrug the dark thoughts that invaded your mind. It didn't help that the mood in the room was very solemn and lonely. You sat on the bed then laid against the headboard. You looked out the window and thought to yourself,

Did you really make the right decision?

- - -

So, as you can see, (y/n) was too scared to run away. It's kinda sad how she ended up like that. The first time she tried to escape, Yoru caught her. So she feels as if no one would help her because the last time she found 'refuge' in a stranger, it ended badly aheM izumi AhEm. The next two chapters are going to be the epilogues!