ʙᴏɴᴜs ²

Hi there! So, I 've decided to add another short bonus chapter. I hope you enjoy it ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ ~

   "Hey dad, where did I come from?" Innocent ocean blue eyes stared at him, waiting for an answer. Yoru sweatdropped before letting out a sigh. He tilted his head to look at his five year old son then bluntly said,

   "Japan."

   "Noooooo~ I meant when I was a baby." Your son whined as he pulled on his (h/c) hair. Yoru shook his head lightly then looked back at the television. The five year old huffed out of frustration then poked his dad on the shoulder, but Yoru paid him no attention. He raised his chubby little finger to poke his dad again and again, until Yoru stopped him.

   "Brat." Yoru muttered under his breath.

   "If you don't tell me, I'll tell mom that you broke her phone on purpose!!" Yoru quickly blocked his son's mouth with his hands and silenced him. Your son let out muffled complaints along with some insults before Yoru finally opened his mouth.

   "You came from your mother's stomach."

   "Eh? How did I get out then?" Your son questioned. Yoru stared at him with deadpanned eyes. The question had caught him off guard, so he just decided to tell him a nonsense answer.

   "I ripped you out from her stomach." Your sons blue eyes widened then slapped his father's hand away from him. His short legs ran upstairs and towards your location. He hastily opened the master bedroom's door and lunged forward to your form. Out of reflex, you caught your son in your arms.

   "Mom! Are you okay!?" Your son asked, genuinely worried for your health.

   "Why..? What happened?" Your son looked back at the door, trying to see if his dad was there.

   "Dad said he ripped me out of your stomach!" He exclaimed while trying to lift up your shirt and take a look at your stomach. Meanwhile, Yoru walked upstairs only to find you hugging your son while laughing your heart out. He leaned against the door frame and smiled at the lovely scene. The blond haired boy vowed that he would kill all those who try to harm his family.

- - -

   Your son warily looked at his father while holding your hand tightly. You wanted to go grocery shopping in advance, but your son refused to leave your side, muttering something about his dad hurting you again. And of course, Yoru tagged along. He always went with you when going out in public. As the three of you were walking through the aisles, you caught your son staring at a pack of candy. You look back at Yoru, who was glaring at everyone, then leaned down to your son's height.

"You want candy?" Immediately, your son shook his head up and down.

   "It'll be a little secret from dad, okay?" The two of you smiled at each other then pinky promised. Yoru had always been strict with your son's diet. He always tried to say that healthy food could make the man. In truth, Yoru just wanted to make his son experience some of the things he had as a child. He loved your son because he resembles you, not because he's blood related to him. Blood relations meant nothing to Yoru, if it had then he wouldn't have killed his dad.

   "(Y/n), stop." Yoru said when he saw your hand reaching towards a pack of candy. You felt shivers down your spine. It had been a long time since he used that tone with you. You immediately pulled your hand back and sent a small apologetic smile at your husband. Your son watched the interaction and frowned. Yoru walked towards both of you and opened his mouth. Before he had the chance to scold you, your son interrupted him.

   "Please don't hurt, mom!" He whispered under his breath. Yoru raised his eyebrow. His kid had courage and he acknowledged that. Yoru let out a tsk then said,

   "Just take the damn candy already." You smiled brightly then placed the pack of candy into the basket. Your family might not be perfect, but you loved them. After all, Yoru changed, right? Well, at least you hoped he did.