Chapter 37 - Man of My Word

Comincia dall'inizio

Their fight continued on and it was frustrating the Guardian of Creation to certain extent. No matter who he attack, there was always a back up. He couldn't get one of them to separate from each other. He used his shield once or twice but it did nothing to stop both of them. S might be stronger with his ability to use magic but he was not fitted in fighting up close. It might be because of his HP or the damage he could only do but that simple flaw was filled in by Seventh General's wide and close attacks. Martial might not be that great at blocking and get easily distracted in times but S would be there to protect him. They act as if they were one person.

He was hit straight with bones and making him tumble, it was no sooner that a swift kick got him to the ground and a katana was pressed against his throat and that deep fear of dying suddenly swelled inside him. He remained frozen from his spot on the ground.

"fighting along side each other... required trust. the willingness to lend help and ask for help will always be present." S explained. "both of you need each other to over come your troubles. if you relied too much on error, he will be the one carrying the burden instead. he would always think that the blame will be on him. do you want that?"

"No..." Ink's gaze fell as his figure trembled then he chuckled defeatedly. "I guess I'm the idiot."

He can't fight with Error in this state. He can't expect Error to back him up if the destroyer doesn't even expect his help without blaming the Guardian of Destruction if something went wrong.

The katana was retracted and Ink stood shakily up to his feet. His face was still blank as he realized that maybe... maybe it wasn't so bad. If he could get the fluidity of their teamwork on the level of how Martial and S fight together, then they have the chance to work back-to-back. The blade was sheathed away and Martial was skipping away from him. Ink stood up, and watched the boy stop and turn around.

'About your wish... it seems you learned your lesson so I will grant it.' Ink couldn't help but let out a surprise expression as Martial put a finger under his chin for a moment before signing again. 'Ah, it wasn't satisfying, maybe another one? Challenging enough.'

Ink would seize this opportunity. This is a way to help Error.

"We want to see a magical stone." He said.

"stone?"

"Half of a circle..." Ink said, shaping it with his hands.

Martial was silent for a moment, thinking deeply and suddenly snapping his fingers then signing frantically. 'The stone with the moving night sky?'

Ink nodded vigorously as he anticipated a good answer.

'You and Error would like to see it?'

He nodded again and if it was really in a vault of some sorts, it would be better if they were allowed inside and avoid future problems. He stared at Martial when the other's face twisted in a smile so wide he almost thought the boy got a cart of caramels instead of thinking deeply for his request.

'It came from Fourth's tower so you might want to see it up close...' Martial stopped in a wonder. 'Consider it done. I will share the details when everything is settled, believe me that it will be the best I could offer.'

He couldn't expect much, Ink knew that but... he silently wished that they were directed to its location so they could make a quick grab of it, he wanted to help them of course, as best as he could but that was because he didn't notice the 'other' emotions before. There were times he insisted but there were times he couldn't resist to try something to assist but now, he wanted to go home with Error just as quickly as possible.