Lovely

Thought I found a way

The door was right there. Right in her line of sight. Mere feet from where she stood.

Thought I found a way, yeah

She stumbled towards the wall, reaching for the handle, only to come in contact with the same wall her body slumped against.

But you never go away

A throaty chuckle echoed around in the dim room, pulling her attention from the door she'd so hastily reached for.

"Never thought I'd be able to fool the great Natalia Alianovna Romanova."

So I guess I gotta stay now

Everything was fuzzy. Thinking was difficult. She couldn't trust her own senses, if the door was any indication.

It had been one of many tricks they'd played on her, but the first one she'd fallen for without second thought.

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here

She had hope the gang would find her, especially her overprotective husband, but she'd lost track of how long she'd been gone.

But she had to have hope.

She wouldn't lose that small ember deep within her heart.

Even if it takes all night or a hundred years

She would wait for them. She wouldn't give up anything. It was what she was trained to do. She would die first. Anything to protect the only family she's ever had.

Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near

She wasn't one to hide from anything, but her past was something she'd buried so deeply within the recesses of her mind that she forgot just how far they went to break someone.

She couldn't hide within this room. It was devoid of anything besides the chains they kept her in most of the time. She was completely vulnerable to them.

Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear

She wasn't sure how much of herself was left after everything they'd done so far. She wasn't a fearful person. She'd had that beaten out of her from the time she was five years old.

But inside this room, one which she'd been in too many times to count, nearly brought her to her knees. She knew what happened in this room. Had even dealt out some of the punishments and tortured their enemies within these walls.

Now she was back within their chains.

Isn't it lovely, all alone?

She tried not to let it get to her, but she was all alone in the world. Her superiors made sure of it.

It's the way it always had been, no matter what anyone told her.

Heart made of glass

The Avengers softened her heart. Gave her a reason to live.

Steve gave her a reason to love.

And the price of that shattered her heart.

My mind of stone

She had less control over her emotions, but they would not crack the crystal walls of her mind.

Tear me to pieces

They could rip through her mind any way they saw fit, but she would not break. Would not give up anything that would risk her family.