That's Another Agent?

A/N: @romanleefever here's your request!

Woot! Two updates in one day. The next two updates should be out in the next couple of days.

Hope you guys enjoy!

She'd been feeling off since right before Fury was killed. She didn't know why, but when she heard the news that he'd been shot and was in the hospital in ICU, she barely managed to get her head over the toilet before her dinner resurfaced.

Once her stomach was finished revolting, she'd quickly washed away all evidence of being sick before racing to the hospital, only to see him flatline and pronounced dead.

Her stomach had flipped again, but she forced the feeling down. She wouldn't let anyone see her sick, least of all her ever aware partner, Steve Rogers. He'd keep her out of this. And that was the last thing she wanted.

So, she did what she does best, put on a smirk and keep going.

It worked until she was shot by the Winter Soldier and started losing more blood than she needed to. Her already pressured body took the hit more severely than normal.

And when they cleaned the wound, when they'd stripped off her jacket, down to her undershirt, she realized something terrifying.

All eyes had followed hers as she took in the swell of her abdomen that she most definitely had not noticed earlier that morning. But, to be fair, they had nearly been killed, so no wonder she hadn't noticed. The real question was, how did she not notice before?

She fought against the hands holding her down, running out of the underground hideout and out into the open air before emptying the few morsels she'd managed to keep down from breakfast that morning.

Once her stomach settled, she thought back to when this could have happened and the realization had her hunched back over dry heaving.

They had said it wasn't possible, that she would never have a child. Not that she deserved it anyway.

It had only been one night! Though they might have been a bit too caught up in themselves.

This was terrible for all of them. She knew her baby would be hunted for who its father was. Oh God, she thought, her stomach recoiling once more. The father.

Warm hands touch her back and pull her hair away.

A little late, she grumbled in her head, but she leaned into his touch when she could finally move.

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked softly, tilting her chin up so he could look her in the eye.

"I didn't know," she whispered as tears pooled in her emerald orbs, a pain within them he'd never seen before.

"How far along?" he prodded gently.

"It's been six months," she replied.

The way his brow furrowed before shooting up to his hairline showed her he realized their situation.

"They said it wasn't possible," she cried. "They took away any chance I had to be a mother. But I can't ignore the signs that have led up to this. Not anymore. I'm so sorry, Steve."

He just held her tightly, picking her up and carrying her back inside so they could continue working on the bullet wound.

He was surprised that's all she'd been showing at six months, but he knew some women didn't show much or even at all. This was so messed up, but he wouldn't leave her alone in this.

They fought for a couple hours over whether she'd be joining the fight or not, but he finally agreed to let her go with Fury and take down Pierce.