✼ ҉ 10 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

"Douglas, you're here!" Bree exclaimed. At the sight of him, she hurried from the couch and hugged the man named Douglas.

Chase leaned on the luggage, explaining, "Guys, this is our uncle, Douglas. Well, technically, he's our father."

Bree scoffed, moving to stand next to the two. "Yeah, like we'd ever call him that."

"Oh," Kaz gestured to him, the recognition clicking in his brain, "you're the guy who tried to kill them." His face lit up warmly in greeting as he stuck out his hand. "Nice to meet you!"

Alex followed Kaz and the others over to the Davenports as she nodded slowly, "Cool. Mighty dandy. Sounds extremely complicated." Her lips pursed, adding to herself, "Gotta love that."

Douglas watched his hand shake Kaz's. He then gestured to him, studying the boy up and down. "Yeah you too, Oliver. Though you're not nearly as scrawny as Chase said you were."

"That's because I'm Oliver." The other boy corrected him.

Skylar ignores Oliver's remark and walked up to Douglas. "Hi, I'm Skylar."

Douglas shook Skylar's hand. "Ah, the alien girl." He chuckled slightly. "You know, I'm kind of disppointed. I thought you'd have three heads." He waved his hands around vaguely in reference to the said-missing heads, sounding displeased.

Skylar waved her arm at him. "Don't be silly. You shed the other two when you're a kid and leave them under your pillow for the head fairy."

"That's.. disgusting?" Douglas glanced at Chase, almost as if he was looking for help.

Alex held up a hand. "Wait, hold up, the alien girl? Am I chopped liver?" She pointed to herself.

She wouldn't be surprised if she was being honest.

Douglas turned to her, "And you must be Alex, the less crazed alien." Alex's brows raised at the description and furrowed when the man kept talking, "I've heard a lot about you. But again, kinda disappointed on the whole no-multiple-limbs thing." He gestured, slightly frowned.

Chase cleared his throat awkwardly, interjecting, "Uh, good news. Skylar just got her powers back." He motioned to Alien number one.

"And guess who got them back for her." Kaz added and proceeding to gesture to Chase.

Chase shrugged almost humbly but his giddy smile gave him away. He loved the credit. He loved boosting his ego. "Okay... It was me." He chuckled lightly.

Bree leaned closer to Douglas. "A little Elite Force gossip: Scrawny's jelly because Bookworm got Alien 1 her powers back." She pointed between them.

Oliver's annoyed expression proved Bree's point.

"Alien 1?" Alex repeated. "Does that mean I'm Alien 2?"

"Maybe?" Kaz tilted his head as he turned to her. "Don't take it personal."

Alex pursed her lips, "Gee, why should I?"

"Hey," Kaz nudged her slightly, "at least you're Alien 1 in my heart."

"Aww, that was super cheesy, you dork." Alex smiled and nudged nudged him back, hinting at her teasing. Her smile dropped, "Never say that ever again."

She laughed when Kaz feigned a hurt expression, to which he smiled at.

But deep down, both of them knew her laughter wasn't gonna fix the way Alex was feeling inside. The morning was already revealing too many new things to her.