✼ ҉ 9 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

On the terrace, Bree heard something break and walked outside, saying, "Oliver, I thought I told you, no more..." Bree spotted Skylar next to the smoking coat rack. "Skylar?"

"Hi..." Skylar greeted sheepishly.

"Why is the coat rack smoking?" Bree pointed.

Skylar tilted her head, "It is?" She looked down, "Oh look at that, it is."

Bree kept eyeing the scene. Her confusion and shock grew as her gaze swept over everything, finding something new. "And is that my brand-new expensive leather jacket that was on the rack?"

"No." Skylar quickly grabbed it and hid the smoldering jacket behind her back.

"Give me that." Bree grabbed her jacket, "Skylar, how could you do this?"

"Okay, it was an accident. I just haven't quite mastered my powers since I got them back."

"Okay, so you burn my jacket?"

"And I broke your tablet. And I shredded your purse." Skylar added.

"My purse?!"

Skylar winced. "Oh, you haven't seen that yet?"

Bree sighed, "That's great. Now I have to go apologize to Oliver because I blamed him for everything you did."

"I know. And... I'm really sorry." Bree sighed again as Skylar continued, "I'm just scared, Bree. I mean, what if I never get my powers back to the way that they used to be?

"Skylar. You will." Bree rested a hand on her shoulder, "It's just gonna take a little bit of time to get used to them again. It's like riding a bike. Or whatever your alien equivalent is riding a bike."

"That would be riding a bike."

"I'm trying to make a point, don't start acting normal now."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Down in the weapons room, Kaz pat Chase on his shoulder. "Hey. You okay?" He asked, trying to get an answer out of him.

"I taste metal." Chase groaned in response.

Kaz nodded, satisfied the bionic could form words, "Yeah. Must be from the voltage your body absorbed."

Chase spat a piece of metal from his mouth.

"Yeah, or it's a legit piece from the bolt cutter." Alex remarked.

Kaz glimpsed at the piece of metal that had just been in Chase's mouth. "Huh. Kinda cool if you ask me."

Alex's eyebrows raised, "Do you need me to say it again?"

"Yeah yeah, I get it "not the time"," Kaz glanced at her, mocking her slightly and smiling at the frown she sent him, finding it adorable regardless.

Electricity surged, causing Kyle to scream from his confinement, "Help!"

"When the bolt cutters hit the cage, it- it must've caused the voltage to surge." Kaz pointed out. He tried to stay calm in front of his brother.

"If you knew this wasn't safe, why would you let me in here?" Kyle asked. Fright and annoyance filled his tone.

"You wanted to go in there!" The older boy replied, gesturing to the cage he was trapped in.

"What do I know? I'm just a kid," Kyle cried. "I still sleep in a race car bed."

"That's a thing?" Alex questioned with her head tilted slightly.