✼ ҉ 7 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

"Lunch is ready!" Oliver called to the members of the Elite Force from the kitchen.

"I'll grab the plates," Chase offered as he entered.

"Oh, just like you grabbed the heart of the girl I love?" Oliver retaliated in a sour manner.

Alex grimaced slightly as she walked over. "Ouch. That's harsh, tone it down. You really need to move past that, pal."

Chase pursed his lips. "Still not over me getting Skylar her powers back, huh?" Alex couldn't tell if the bionic boy felt awkward about the situation or not.

"Nope." Oliver told him. "And you'll notice your tomato slice is very thin."

Bree raised an eyebrow, mockingly saying, "Wow, you showed him."

Alex chuckled, lightly shaking her head.

Oliver nodded, supposedly not reading Bree's sarcasm. "Yeah, I also skimped on his lettuce."

"Oh no, stop the madness." Bree proceeded to layer on her sarcasm and she walked over to the island counter, saying, "I will get the plates." However, when the bionic girl opened the cupboard, their plates fell out in multiple miniature pieces. "Why are they all broken? What happened?"

Oliver seemed hesitant before explaining, "Well, I was doing the dishes, and I accidentally broke them with my super strength."

Skylar tilted her head curiously at him, "That still doesn't answer why you put them back in the cabinet."

"Because now we have service for 36 tiny people." The boy smiled as he picked up a piece.

"Hey guys." Kaz greeted them upon walking down the stairs.

"Hey, Kaz, I didn't smell you come in. Did you shower?" Bree said.

"Yeah, I had to." Kaz shrugged. "My younger brother Kyle's coming to visit..."

"Had to? For a visitor?" Alex voiced her skepticism.

Kaz pursed his lips, continuing, "And the pen I was chewing on exploded all over my face."

"Okay, yeah, that makes more sense," Alex mumbled.

"I didn't know you had a little brother." Chase said.

Alex nodded along, showing her emphasis, "Yeah, same. How come you've never mentioned him?" She took a bite of her sandwich.

Kaz shrugged. It was almost as if he too didn't know he had a brother. "Yeah, well, growing up, Kyle and I never really bonded, but now that he's older and I moved away, I think he misses me. This is our chance to finally become best buds." The doorbell chimed. "That's him." He went and opened the penthouse door to reveal a younger kid sporting a messier look with the same dark hair as Kaz. "Kyle!"

"The bionic people!" Kyle beamed and he tossed his backpack to Kaz, ignoring him where he stood and dashing across the room to the rest of the group.

Kaz turned, as if mechanically. "Wow, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you're more excited to see them than me."

"I am." The kid told him with no regard to his feelings.

"Yikes." Alex raised her eyebrows. "He tossed you aside like moldy bread. Does this mean you two are best buds already?" She mocked the older boy, a sly smirk resting on her lips.

Kyle stopped and studied Alex, who was snickering quietly under her breath at her own joke. He looked over at Kaz and gestured to Alex. "Hey, Is this her? That girl you fantasize over?"