✼ ҉ 5 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

Chase walked inside the penthouse from the balcony with a bucket held in his grasp.

"Hey Chase, what're you doing?" Oliver asked.

"Oh, I just reinforced all the windows with an impenetrable polymer I designed to keep this place safe from any threat."

"Oh yeah? Well.." Oliver held up his spatula as he put his sandwich on a plate. "I just made myself a grilled cheese."

"Mm, something smells good." Skylar said as she walked in.

"Yep. That's my sandwich." Oliver smiled.

Skylar shook her head, "No, smells more like reinforced polymer."

Oliver grinned cheekily, "Oh, you!"

He pointed his finger at her but accidentally fired his hydrokinesis at her, sailing onto her denim jacket.

"Oliver!" Skylar snarled.

His eyes widened. "I'm sorry! It was an accident. I'm still trying to get the hang of my powers."

"Oh, you poor thing. It must be so hard for you." Skylar rolled her eyes, her jaw clenched.

Alex strutted in, sporting a smile. "Heyo, what's up my peeps?" She went in for a high-five, not reading the room. No one noticed her hovering hand, causing her to lower it, feeling a tad bummed. "No? Was it 'cause I used 'peeps'?"

Oliver proceeded to ignore her, saying to the other alien, "Skylar, tha– that's not what I meant."

Skylar waved her hand. She smacked her lips. "No, no, no. Thank you once again for reminding me how you have powers and I don't." She swiftly snatched Oliver's sandwich and brushed past them.

Alex's mouth formed an 'O'. "Well dang, talk about awkward. That made me receive some good ole' dandy second-hand.. yeah, yikes. Just yikes, dude."

She often wondered if Oliver even knew how to make someone fall in love. And she was pretty sure that was not it, even if it were possible.

Oliver attempted to chuckle the uncomfortableness off. "Alien chicks... Am I right?"

"Yeah." Chase began, which caused Alex to smack his arm and shoot him a glare. "No, Alex, that's not—I mean, I still don't get it. If Skylar was born a superhero, then why didn't she have any powers?"

Alex crossed her arms as she nodded slowly, accepting that Chase wasn't agreeing to Oliver's alien comment. "She used to have powers, but a human-turned-mutant called the Annihilator drained them out of her."

"And he put them on a shelf as a trophy." Oliver added to Alex's answer.

Chase froze, the bionic once again evidently not believing them. "Okay, I'm sorry, but you have to agree. That just sounds ridiculous." He ignored Alex and Oliver's shared look and walked over to Oliver. "Look, if Skylar's gonna be part of this team, then I have got to find a way to get her powers back."

"No!" The other boy said quickly. "I have to be one to get her powers back."

"Why you?" The bionic asked. He glanced at Alex, who was surprised at the fact that he looked genuinely confused. The way he was looking to her, seemingly for answer, was a bonus surprise.

"It's a fantasy of his," Alex sighed softly.

"It just has to be me." Oliver pleaded.

"Yeah, so you said. That still doesn't answer my question." Chase said.