✼ ҉ 6 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

"This is bad." Chase murmured quietly to Oliver.

Alex beamed as she entered Mission Command. "Heyo, I'm back guys." She took a bite from her sandwich. "Oliver, you forgot to add cheese to the grocery list upstairs soo I resorted to making a PB and— oh my! What in the- what is..?"

Chase sent her a quick scolding look as Skylar focused on a shocked Alex.

"What is it? What's what?" Skylar asked.

Alex glimpsed over at Chase, who was sending her an urgent look. She stuttered out a hasty response, "Uh-uh, nothing! My um, sandwich doesn't taste right. That's all. No biggie. Might've just accidentally used the crunchy peanut butter."

Skylar looked at her curiously. "Alex, we don't have any crunchy peanut butter."

Alex's eyes widened as she still felt Chase's gaze locked on her. She wasn't always the greatest at lying and needed to cover up her shock toward Skylar's dying physique with something else.

"Well," she laughed nervously, lowering her sandwich. "Then something definitely is wrong with my sandwich."

Skylar nodded slowly, despite the same expression she was sending Alex.

Alex leaned close to Chase, gripping his plaid shirt tightly in her fist. His eyes pierced her's as she whispered harshly, "What is wrong with Skylar?"

"Yeah. I got to know what's happening to her." Oliver echoed Alex's worry. "I mean, sure, it'll be a little weird being the good-looking one in the relationship but I'll get used to it."

Chase frowned at Oliver, "This is serious. Her body is rejecting the serum. The coal must be deteriorating her organs from the inside out." He looked between the two superheroes.

Oliver seemed to be struggling to piece the situation together. At least, slower than Alex did. "So are you telling me, we just... killed her?"

Chase nodded.

"Well this certainly did a full 180." Alex grimaced and she took a bite of her PB&J. She noticed the looks she was receiving from the boys. "What? I'm still hungry. I will not be letting this glorious sandwich go to waste."

"I should get to work on an antidote to try and stop this." Chase said before rushing to the table occupied by all of his chemicals.

Alex followed him, muttering under her breath how she should have known. "Yeah, good idea, brainiac."

Chase glanced at her. "Is that your designated nickname for me now?"

Alex studied him, taking a pause from her sandwich. "What is?"

"Brainiac."

"Don't know." Alex leaned against him, her arm on his shoulder. "But it just might be now that you bring it up." She took a step back and took a bite, smirking at him.

Chase sent her a brief playful frown over his shoulder, causing her to smile mockingly.

A few minutes had passed when Skylar spoke up, saying, "Something's wrong, Oliver. I don't feel good."

Oliver went over to Chase, who was busy working. "Why haven't you found the antidote yet? You're supposed to perfect!"

Chase sighed as he turned to him. "You know what really helps in a high pressure situation? You interrupting me every five seconds and asking why I haven't found the antidote yet!"

"Sorry...but have you?" Oliver sighed in frustration at the glare a Chase sent him. "I knew we shouldn't have given her coal."

Skylar stood up abruptly. "You gave me coal?!"