✼ ҉ 8 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

In the Penthouse, Bree came down the stairs, looking distraught. "Guess what I found in the washing machine?"

Skylar looked over at her rather excitedly, contrasting the bionic's expression. "Ooh, I love this game! Uh... two buttons and a nickel!"

"No! My tablet!" She dropped it on the coffee table to show her. "You know, I bet Oliver destroyed it with one of his powers, and tried to hide the evidence."

Skylar suddenly looked nervous. "Oh no. Well, has he finished the load, 'cause I had a pair of jeans in there."

Bree clicked her tongue and huffed. "You know what, that is it. First, he broke all the plates, then he broke my tablet and now, I think it's time for me to break him. Hm. Where is he?" She grunted angrily and went out onto the terrace, where Oliver was.

However, out on the terrace, Oliver was too occupied to notice anything else while he used his powers to freeze a chocolate covered banana.

"Nice!" The boy then began roleplaying, asking, "Frozen chocolate banana Skylar?" His voice went up. "Why thank you Oliver, tha- that's my favorite dessert. This is way better than Chase getting my powers back!" He switched back to his normal voice, but trying to make it deeper. "Oh silly girl, it's just a banana." His voice was high again as he pretended to speak for a fake Skylar. "No. Listen to me. Oliver, you are the bestest, strongest, handsomest-"

Bree, having walked out onto the terrace in the middle of the boy's moment, cleared her throat, and Oliver quickly stood up. He refrained from squeaking upon the mannequin almost falling out of the chair

Based off the look he received, Oliver felt the need to provide an explanation. Except he couldn't come up with one. "Uh... Okay, to be fair, this is not the weirdest thing I've ever done."

"Save it." She held up a hand disinterestedly. "Look, I know you broke my tablet."

"What? No I didn't."

"Don't play dumb with me. You and your messed-up powers have been breaking stuff all over the house."

Oliver looked confused and faintly hurt, like he was trying to hide it. "Bree, I- I don't know what you're talking about. Besides the plates I didn't break anything."

"Oh, so I suppose that telescope," she pointed to where it broken figure dangled sadly in its spot outside, "just broke itself."

Oliver chuckled nervously. "Okay yeah, tha- that was me, but it wasn't my powers. I just get really excited when I see Mercury."

Bree let out a subtly annoyed sigh. "Look, it is one thing to accidentally break something, but it's another thing to hide it and then lie to my face about it."

"I didn't lie!" Oliver defended himself. "And I'm actually getting better with my powers."

"Oh yeah? Well, here's a reality check for you Oliver: you may think you're getting better, but the rest of us know that you're not." Bree then angrily left.

Oliver looked dejected and sighed, "I'm sorry you had to see that, imaginary Skylar."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Downstairs, Kaz and Kyle entered the weapons room.

"And here we are." Kaz gestured around them to all the dangerous equipment.

Kyle was in awe. "This place is awesome."

"Yeah, well, just another day at the office for me Kyle." Kaz waved it off with a chuckle, "I guess I'm a lot, cooler than you thought."