✼ ҉ 12 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

Chase went down to Mission Command and exited the Hyperlift, only to find the room filled with random objects scattered around. Chase looked around, confusion etched into his features. "What the–?"

"Ah! Intruder!" A familiar voice shouted out. A gun was shot blindly, making Chase jump out of the way.

Chase stood when the shooting calmed and finally registered who was holed up in Mission Command. "Perry?"

Perry peered at him, "Chaz?"

"It's Chase." The bionic corrected her.

"I know, but I like the name Chaz better." She proceeded to stand up and walk over to Chase.

Chase frowned down at her. "What are you doing here?"

Perry shrugged, "I decided to take a little va-cay from the academy."

"So, you left the academy to vacation in the windowless underbelly of a skyscraper??" Chase's brows furrowed.

"Yep," Perry nodded. "I have to get my skin back to its natural state. Pale and clammy. Plus I'm from here."

"You were born in Centium City?" Chase pointed to the ground in reference to the city itself.

"Nope," she corrected him. "Under, in a network of tunnels underneath the ground."

"Okay," Chase said, "how about we put the weapon down?"

Perry shrugged, like it wasn't her fault. "Sorry. When you're born in the bowels of a city, you learn to watch your back. And you also learn that not everything that looks like meat is meat."

"Time to go." Chase told her with a slight roll of his eyes. He tried to gain access to the Hyperlift to lead her back to civilization, but with no luck. The panel wouldn't respond, remaining a black and blank screen. Chase raised his hands in exasperation, "Great. Your blast broke the hyperlift."

"You're the one that ducked out of the way."

An alarm blared from their alert system, but the suddenness caught the older woman off guard. It caused her to scream, firing the gun in her hands again.

"Stop shooting things!" Chase shrieked. He rushed over to the big control panel. "It's a mission alert. Your blast put us on lockdown, and took out mission command's entire central nervous system. We're trapped. Communication's down, too."

The woman groaned. Another shot blasted from the device once more, up at the ceiling, and the lights cut out in result.

Chase sighed, exclaiming, "What did you do that for?!"

"If we're gonna be stuck down here, I don't wanna have to look at your face."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Oliver dashed down the stairs, telling them, "Kaz'll be right down."

Alex nodded, brows furrowed. She peeked around, noticing a certain bionic was missing and asked, "Where's Chase?"

"No idea," Oliver shrugged.

Bree's brows pulled together, "That's weird. He's always the first one here for missions. Having no life really frees up your calendar. I'll call him real quick."