✼ ҉ 2 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

Bree and Alex were in the kitchen, each drinking something, when Donald entered.

"Hey, what are you two still doing up?" The older man asked the pair.

Bree shrugged innocently. "I don't know. I guess I'm not really used to sleeping in a new place. Plus, Skylar snores."

"Amen to that sista." Alex agreed, and they clinked their glasses together.

"Bree, your capsule's soundproof." Mr Davenport remarked.

"Oh, trust me, I know."

"Why are you up this late, Mr D?" Alex flipped the question, a small furrow of her eyebrows rested on her face as she brought her glass to her lips.

"I.. Well," Donald Davenport began.

Suddenly, Oliver runs down the stairs, slightly huffing from being out of breath. "Mr Davenport, I can't find Kaz."

Alex's face raised at the mention of Kaz, instantly flooded with worry. "What?"

"-I thought he was in his bed snoring, but it turned out to be Skylar down the hall." Oliver ignored her, continuing as before.

"You know, I bet he went off to find those guys on his own, like you said he would earlier." Bree glanced at the girl beside her. "I'll use my superspeed to bring him back." She said, setting her cup down.

"Oliver, go wake Chase and Skylar." Donald ordered and turned towards Bree. "If you're not back with Kaz in two minutes, I'm gonna have them track you on your GPS locator."

"Please, two minutes?" Bree said, sounding disgusted at the time frame he mentioned. "With my upgraded speed, I can search the entire city in less than thirty seconds."

"Oh, I'm so fast." Mr Davenport mocked Bree, "Well then go!"

"Okay then."

Bree used her super speed and zoomed out of the penthouse.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Kaz entered a dark alleyway. "Okay, if I can find the costume shop that sold those guys their masks, maybe I can track them down." He said to himself as he checked his phone. "86 costume shops in one city! What are you people trying to hide?"

The two masked figures from before appear in front of Kaz, making him jump.

Kaz, instantly embarrassed from jumping at their sudden appearance cleared his throat. "I mean ah-ha, I found you."

The two figures pulled off their masks, revealing their faces.

"Wait, I know you guys. You're Roman and Riker. Your dad is the superhero, Rodissius."

"Was a superhero." Roman growled. "Until you got your hands on him at Mighty Med."

"What are you talking about?" Kaz questioned, eyebrows furrowing. "We saved his life."

"You took away his powers!" Riker said through gritted teeth.

"We had no choice. Sacrificing his powers was the only way to keep him alive." Kaz said, trying to defend him and his best friend's actions.