✼ ҉ 15 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

"Right now, my brother's retrieving your list of superheroes, and taking out the rest of your team. So congratulations," Roman mocked them, "You're all failing at the same time."

"You protect Crossbow. I'll take him out with my super strength." Oliver raised his fists. "You're going down." But the boy got knocked down instantly, sent crashing into one of the trees. He groaned in pain.

""A" for effort," Skylar told Oliver before turning to Roman. She scowled at the villain, steeling her face. "You're really getting on my nerves."

Roman took his aim, snarling, "Say good-bye to your bestie."

Riker rushed in, huffing, "Roman, stop. Don't do it."

Roman hesitated. Whipped around. "Why not?"

"I've got the list, but they've already sent out the alert," Riker informed. "The other superheroes know we're coming. Let's keep her alive so we can use her as bait to draw them to us."

"Good idea," he told his brother.

The rest of the Elite Force arrived, running into the park to stop everything from getting any worse.

"Don't move!"

"They must've followed me." Riker frowned.

Roman snarled, holding out his hand for his brother to clasp. "They'll be sorry they did."

"Stand back," Skylar said protectively. "They're making their swarm."

Roman stared down at their connected hands, frustrated when nothing formed. "It's not working."

A smirk washed onto Riker's face as he told him, "Probably because I'm not Riker." He pressed his fingers behind his ear and revealed that it wasn't his brother. The smirk he bore was replaced with a smug smile from Bree. "You just got cyber cloaked."

"That's right, and I was Bree," Laz said as he took off his own cybercloak.

"Why?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know," Kaz shrugged, "I just wanted to use the cyber cloak."

Alex waved Oliver off, motioning for him to not bother. Alex and Kaz had spent half of the time debating about why Kaz would wear the cyber cloak while Chase and Bree had developed a plan. The girl had eventually discovered it was a mute point, and she let out a hushed sigh, glancing at a rather content Kaz beside her. "Don't question it."

Roman proceeded to bunch his fists in fury. "Where's my brother?"

"In an industrial freezer so he can't shape-shift his way out," Bree said, crossing her arms.

Chase took a step forward. "Give it up, Roman. You've been outsmarted. Now you're outnumbered."

"This is interesting," Roman said as a sly smile started to appear on his face. "How about a trade?"

"Crossbow for your brother." Kaz offered.

"No. Crossbow for my brother... and the list."

"That's not a fair trade." Oliver protested.

Alex rolled her eyes at the obviousness in her teammate's remark. The sarcasm was thick in her tone, even given the situation. "Yeah, 'cause up to this point, he seemed like such an honorable and stand-up guy."

"Don't do it." Crossbow told Skylar. There was so much hope in her eyes that Skylar would choose to protect the hundreds of superhero lives on the list over her own—to look out for them and their futures.