Chapter 42

Dani's Point Of View.

''You did what?'' I asked, shocked at what Fiona had just told me.

''Listen. I am happy, Jack and I we're... you know, nothing. I can't believe what you did.'' Fiona said lying on my bed.

I was packing my suitcases. My plane was tomorrow morning and I was more than eager to leave. 

''It was for the best. For both Jake and Ben.''

''And for you?'' Fiona asked, sitting up so she was resting on her elbows. 

''I'm fine,'' I replied. It somehow seemed as if I had more stuff now than when I arrived. I emptied the suitcase for the hundredth time and sighed.

''I see how fine you are.'' Fiona said and got off the bed.

''Let me help you, you're a mess. You did a terrible thing, you should have gone with Ben.'' Fiona said picking up my suitcase and setting it on the bed. She then started picking up my clothing from the floor. She folded them neatly and set them in the suitcase one by one. 

''Honestly, I'm fine. I was completely fine with just admiring guys from far.'' I said and watched as my suitcase began to fill up.

''If you say so.'' 

I didn't reply and just watched Fiona pack my bags. If I were to be honest, I wasn't fine, but what was I meant to do? I couldn't pick Jake because that would hurt Ben and well to be extremely honest, deep down I wanted Ben too. I couldn't chose Ben because I wanted Jake. I was in a very confused place and I needed to  cool down. Forget about all of this. It was a fun holiday while it lasted.

Jake hadn't returned any of my calls and I knew what that meant. Ben hadn't tried to contact me either. It seemed like we were all on the same road.

''I will miss you.'' I said to Fiona. 

''Aw hey, I'll miss you too.'' Fiona said and closed my suit case. How did she do that? 

''You should visit Ireland.'' I said.

Fiona sat down beside me on the bed. 

''Once I'm eighteen I will.'' She replied.

''This was a great holiday.'' I smiled at her. 

''Yeah, despite all of the extremely exciting things that almost ruined our hearts, then yes, it was great.'' Fiona grinned and I laughed and then we hugged.

It was getting late and I needed to be up at six to catch my plane.

''I will call you when I land.'' I told Fiona.

''Thanks, have a good flight.'' Fiona smiled and put on her coat.

''Thanks for the suitcases and I'll see you this summer.'' I said and Fiona nodded. After one final hug she left. 

I stood in the empty room and looked around. This hotel room held so many memories. The big double bed where I had lost my virginity to Jake and then slept with Ben. The door where Jake had pressed me up against when we first kissed. I was going to miss it but I knew that the memories will forever stay in my head.

I took a deep breath and smiled to myself. Yes, the memories will always be with me. 

That night I fell asleep quite early and had a dreamless sleep until my alarm clock woke me up at six. 

I had boarded the plane and had sat down by the window. It was my spot, I felt nauseated if I didn't look out the window for the whole duration of the flight. One of the cabin crew told us to turn off our phones or put them to airplane mode. 

I took out mine and was more than shocked to see a text from Jake.

'I don't want this to end.''

I stared at the text as the airplane sped up the runway and lifted off into the air. 

OK SO THE END. I will write a sequel, hence the cliffhanger ending. I hope you all enjoyed this book. I really loved writing it. :) Thank you all so much for the votes and the comments. Look out for the sequel that I will be writing quite soon.