Chapter 35

Fiona's Point Of View.

I wondered if I should believe Stephanie. I mean it all depended on when they broke up and why.  I hoped that what she said wasn't true. I hoped that Jack didn't still have feelings for her and I was just a rebound to him.

I didn't feel like going back to see Dani, I would just be distracted and it wouldn't be fair on her. She already had her own problems to deal with. 

Instead I decided to go to the cafe where Jack and I usually met. It was a surprisingly warm day. The sun had come out making me squint as I walked down the crowded street. 
It was a rare occasion for the sun to come out in the middle of November, in England. I smiled to myself, maybe today was going to be a good day after all. 
As I walked I passed an old couple sitting on a bench. They were holding hands and just staring into space. I wondered what it felt like to be in love with someone for so long. I didn't even know these people, yet I could tell that they have had a long and happy life together. I wondered if I would ever fall in love with someone and spend the rest of my life with them. 

I got to the almost empty bus stop and leaned against the small red seat. A young woman with a child stood beside me. The little girl was holding onto her mothers hand as if her life depended on it. In a way it probably did. I wondered if I would ever have children. 

I looked to my right and watched as the red bus slowly approached the bus stop. I let the mother and the little girl get on first. 

The girl smiled and waved at me before getting into the bus with her mum. 

I walked to the very end of the bus and sat down in the dirty blue seat. I knew that I was still young and would probably forget all about Liam and Jack once I'm older. I didn't want to forget about Jack but maybe I would. I looked out the window and watched as people and houses blended into each other as I passed them. All of the colours merged into each other, creating some sort of a chaotic picture in front of me. 

The bus came to a stop and let people out. Next stop was mine. I had tried to clear my head from the negative thoughts that were trying to make me feel bad. Stephanie wasn't the one that was with Jack, I was. She had no power over mine and his relationship. 

I pressed the red stop button and got up. The bus began to slow down as we approached the bus stop. 

I thanked the bus driver and got out. The sun was still out, making me feel very warm. Across the road from me I could see the small cafe shop. It didn't even have a name. There was a faded yellow sigh above the door that simply said Coffee Shop. From the outside the place looked very worn down. The green paint that was covering the window frames was chipping off. 

I crossed the road and walked up to the lime green door. Inside I could see a few people sitting alone drinking coffee. Some were reading newspapers and some where typing away at their laptops. 

I put my hand on the brass handle and walked in. Nobody looked up, it seemed like nobody even noticed that I walked in. I walked up to the dark wood counter and was greeted by an old lady.

''What can I get you dear?'' She smiled. 

''Just one of your blueberry muffins.'' I replied. 

''I'll bring it up to you, go sit down.'' She said. 

''Thank you.'' I said and paid her for the muffin. I looked around the small place, looking for an empty table. There were only a few round tables, maybe six in total. Along with four rectangular tables by the windows. 

I was scanning the room when I suddenly noticed someone I knew. No, two someones. For a moment I just stood and watched as they spoke and laughed and even held each others hands. I could feel my chest beginning to ache. This wasn't supposed to happen, but didn't I, deep down, knew that it would? 

I wondered if I should aproach them. I didn't even have time to think about it because my feet were already moving, as if they had a mind of their own. 

I stopped once I was at their table.

Both Jack and Stephanie looked at me as if they had just seen a dead person come to life.

''F-Fiona'' Jack stammered.

''Hello.'' I smiled. 

Stephanie almost grinned as she looked at me. I could feel my heart aching more. 

''It was inevitable.'' Stephanie said.

''Fiona, I...'' Jack still seemed lost for words. But of course, what else could he say? I'm sorry I really like my ex girlfriend.

''I get it.'' I said.

''No wait.'' Jack said.

''It's fine, I understand.'' I said, trying to keep my voice stable. 

''I, it just...'' Jack trailed off.

I didn't feel like listening to anymore him as I knew that I would probably break down any time soon. Of course this was going to happen. Who would pick me over a tall blonde, model like girl? Especially Jack Walton. 

''Your muffin.'' The old woman walked in front of me as I was about to leave. 

I took it in my hand and left the place. 

I wanted to go home and cry.