Chapter 11

Fiona's point of view

I wasn't going to go and tell Liam about what happened. But that doesn't mean someone else wasn't going to do it for me.

I HATE JACK WALTON
'You made out with Jack Walton''

I held on to the newspaper as if  my life depended on it. Those lousy people who look for drama anywhere have decided to print a huge picture of Jack and a small, very ugly, picture of me on the front page of the most popular newspaper in London.
I stared down at the paper, unable to control my anger. Stupid people of London.
''This is not good'' Dani said and I shot her a look that was more than full of sarcasm.
I would have probably been more freaked out or something but I was too busy trying to figure out how to disappear from the face of the earth. Jack was probably going to get in big trouble. I mean, it wasn't even his fault. I was the one who shouted I hate Jack Walton...
'You are a part of this too you know'' I said throwing the newspaper at Dani who was sitting on her bed in the hotel room.
''Me?'' She gaped at me, catching the paper just before it hit her face.
'You kissed Jack Walton'' I mimicked her tone, probably sounding nothing like her, but I was angry and my life was probably over.
''Right'' She said and dropped the newspaper.
What do you do or how do you act when something like this happens? I honestly had no idea. And from the look on Dani's face, neither did she.
''Well, now the break-up with Liam might be easier...'' Dani said and I felt like breaking down.
Yeah, easier, now it's going to be him who's going to break up with me for cheating, with the stupid Jack Walton. Ok so I might not hate Jack, in fact, I haven't stopped thinking about the way his lips felt on my lips. So soft, and warm and our lips seemed like they were made for each other.
Liam and I have only kissed a few times, because he lives so far away and we only see each other a few times. But when him and I kiss, it doesn't seem right. It feels as if something is missing. I mean it wasn't like that all the time. When we first began going out, things were great. I couldn't stay away from him. But, things change I guess. Nothing seems to end the way you want it to end.
''There is a way out'' Dani interrupted my thoughts.
''What'' I said, sitting up straight.
''Nobody can prove that this happened. Nobody saw it happen. Journalists are always out to find a good story. It's the medias way of messing with people. Seriously'' She said and stood, I could feel the excitement bouncing off her.
''Think about it, nobody can actually prove that you kissed Jack. We could have said someone else's name and we would have ended with the same outcome''
'Ýou think?'' I asked.
'Yes! If anyone stops you on the street, you deny everything. Tell them you don't know what they are on about''
''But, we have a whole paragraph from some by stander explaining exactly what they heard us say''
''So? We don't know anything about it. Deny it all, and I'm sure Jack is going to do the same thing''
Maybe she was right, I mean you always read about stuff that has happened to celebrities, but most of that isn't even true.
'Alright fine...'' I said and could feel myself relaxing. Deny everything.