Dani's Point Of View

After Fee left I sat on the floor and kept replaying the voice mail Jake sent me. I felt so bad, I should have called him back right away. He was probably really hurt about going home tonight. I mean, it probably didn't matter much to him that I didn't call back, but I felt like maybe I should have.

It was about eleven, was it too late to call? What would I even say? Especially now that he was eliminated from the competition. I didn't even know if I liked him that much...

Before I knew it I had put my phone to my ear and it was ringing, and ringing, and ringing...

'Finally'' Jake's voice filled me. I couldn't help but smile. He sounded so happy. 

''Hey, sorry'' I said, feeling my voice go shaky. 

'Don't worry'' 

''I'm sorry about tonight too'' I added. 

''Yeah...'' He trailed off and cleared his throat. '' It was inevitable'' 

''But you are very talented, I'm sure you will go far''

''Why thank you' 

I could almost hear him smiling. My stomach was filled with butterflies, it was a rare feeling, I never usually felt such connection with someone. It had only been a day since I've known Jake, but I felt like there was something there. I wanted to know him more, wanted to see if, maybe, we could be friends and even more than that...

''Listen, I still feel like a dick from the way things ended last night'' Jake's voice had changed and he sounded way too sexy to be speaking into my ear.

''No, Jake stop it, it's fine, things happen.'' I felt like my voice sounded like a Metallica singer. 

''You sure?'' 

I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming like a crazy fan girl.

''Of course I am'' 

''Could I make it up to you by buying you dinner?''

Oh gosh, I had to remind myself to breathe.

''I don't know, will you be able to make time for me now that you're going to be famous''

Were we flirting or?

''I think I could squeeze in you'' 

I laughed harder than I should have, wait no, I laughed as much as it was needed. Jake laughed too. I almost melted from the sound of his laugh.

''I'm sorry'' Jake said and I laughed even more, seemed like both him and I were immature.

''I meant squeeze you in'' 

''It's fine'' I said taking a huge gulp of air to calm myself down but it didn't work. 

''It still doesn't sound right'' I added going into another laughing fit.

''Alright, alright, calm down Dani'' Jake tried to sound serious.

''I'll make time for you, whenever you want.'' Jake seemed to have calmed down. 

My heart was still racing and my mouth ached from laughing. 

''I'll accept your dinner offer, when do you want to make it up to me?'' I asked feeling relaxed and more confident in talking with Jake.

''How does Friday night sound? I got a move out of the x factor house and go see my parents'' 
Could he get any more perfect? Also, I think I was just asked to go on a date with Jake. 

''Sounds great''

''You don't sound too excited'' 

I was trying not to sound too excited. 

''Sorry'' I laughed a bit. '' I just...'' To be honest I have never been on a date so this was awkward.

''I'm-''

''Am I being too forward with asking you out?'' Jake asked and I felt like my head was going to roll off my shoulders. I felt so dizzy, I had never been asked out this was such an amazing feeling.

''No! Of course not, I'm very excited, I just didn't want to come off like I was too excited.''

'Join the club'' 

What did he mean by that?

''Anyway I have to go now, gotta start packing my things'' 

My heart dropped, I didn't want him to go. I wanted to talk to him more. I don't think I was going to be able to live without talking to him until Friday. Oh how stupid did that sound?

''That's fine, I should sleep anyway''

''I'll call you, goodnight Danielle'' He whispered.

''Good night Jake'' I did the same.

I hung up and stared at my shaking hands. I couldn't believe what had just happened and the way he just said my full name. I was going on a date with Jake Quickenden. Was this reality? I loved England, it brought so much joy to my life.
He even said he will call me, but I've read too many books and seen to many movies to know that maybe he won't. It was just a thing you said to someone. But deep down I hoped that he will. Or maybe I should call him myself. I mean it's the twenty firstly century, girls got to step up and be confident. Except maybe I wasn't the most confident and experienced girl in the world. 

I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep tonight, my heart was still bagging hard against my rib cage. My brain felt like it was floating in strawberry milk and it was a great feeling. 

I got into bed and went on twitter. Oh Twitter, how I've grown to love it. I went onto my Notifications and noticed that Jake had followed me. Was he trying to give me a heart attack? 
Hours went by until I finally decided that I should sleep. My heart had come back to it's normal rate and I felt very tired. Soon after I drifted into a dreamless sleep.