Chapter 34

Fiona's Point Of View.

I woke up from the sound of my phone ringing. It was around eleven. I picked up and put the phone to my ear.

''Hey Dani.'' I said.

''I have something incredibly incredible to tell you and you need to come over right away before I lose my mind.'' Dani said in a way that made me laugh.

''what happened? Did you and Jake sleep together again?'' I asked.

''Ok there is so much you don't know you, just get here. '' Dani said and hung up. Well that was a fun phone conversation.

Before I had the chance to even get out of bed I received a text. I thought that it might be from Jack but instead it was from someone else. 

Liam.

''I'm sorry about the way things ended and for my behaviour, I hope you can forgive me. If you ever need me I'll be here...Liam x''

 I stared at the message trying not to laugh. Was he seriously texting me? I thought of  texting back and telling him to leave me alone but decided not to. There was no need to fight or start up any conversation.

I got out of bed and got ready to go see Dani. I wondered what she had done that was so important. I couldn't wait to watch Jack on x factor tonight. I couldn't believe that I was going to see my boyfriend on tv. I smiled to myself as I got dressed. 

After a quick breakfast I left the house and walked to Dani's hotel. She was leaving on Wednesday so I had to spend as much time with her as possible. I wondered what she would do with the whole Jake thing. Was she going to continue seeing him? Will she come visit London more often? I hoped they wouldn't have to end things just because she lived in Ireland and he in England. 

I took the lift to her floor. Once I got out I speed walked to her door and impatiently knocked on her door. Dani opened the door and took my arm and pulled me inside. 

''I did something terrible.'' Dani said.

''Ok what did you do? '' I asked, sitting down on a chair near the window.

Dani stood in the middle of the room with her hands on her hips. She was tapping her foot on the ground and staring at the door. She didn't seem quite like herself.

''I slept with Ben.'' She suddenly said and for some reason I couldn't help but break into a smile. 

''Wow'' I laughed.

''Why are you laughing?'' Dani didn't seem to find this amusing.

''Well, it just proves you like Ben. But why, how did it lead to you sleeping with Ben, didn't you have a date with Jake?''

Dani put both of her hands in front of her face and groaned. She then looked at me and walked over to where I was sitting and leaned against the window sill.

She then began to explain what happened. She told me all about how Jake's mum had fallen sick and he couldn't make it to the date.

While she was talking I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. As I took it out I thought that maybe it was Liam texting me again. Telling me he wanted me back. But it wasn't, instead it was a text from an unknown number. I opened it and as I read it, my heart felt like it had been cut into two. 

  Just because Jack is dating you doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for me.

I didn't even have to know who it was from. It was obviously Stephanie, I knew she wasn't all perfect. She still had feelings for her ex boyfriend. How did she even get my number? 

''Are you still listening to me?'' Dani suddenly asked, making me look up from my phone.

''oh I... I am.'' I replied putting my phone back into my pocket. Should I talk to Jack about this? Would it ruin his friendship with Stephanie? I mean I didn't have any right to interfere, but she didn't have any right to  interfere with my relationship. 

''Ok so now I can't decide who I like more, Jake or Ben.'' Dani said, sighing. 

I couldn't fully focus on Dani, and I felt bad but I was too distracted by the fact that Stephanie had the nerve to text me like that.

''Personally, I am all for you and Ben.''' I replied.

'You think?'' Dani asked.

''Yeah, I mean you have more in common with him than Jake.'' I replied. I was all for Dani and Ben, because...well I didn't even have a reason. 

''But I like Jake too, I mean his mother is sick, how do I even tell him that I liked his best friend? Plus I just...I can't.'' Dani said and walked over to her bed and sat down. 

''Listen, just think about it and don't rush anything.' I said standing up.

''I kind of need to go, but I will be back okay?'' I said feeling bad. But I needed to call Jack and talk to him about this. 

''Oh, that's fine.'' Dani said staring at the ground.

''I will be back, just promise me you won't go out and find a random guy and sleep with him and then end up having another dilemma.'' I joked. 

Dani looked up at me and laughed. 

''Funny, you can go.'' She said.

''Bye I'll see you later.'' I said

'See you later.'' Dani replied and I walked out. 

Once outside I began wondering if calling Jack was the right idea. Maybe if I called Stephanie I could talk it out with her. See what her problem is. Maybe that was the right thing to do. 

I pressed on the number than she had called me from and put the phone to my ear. 

''Why are you calling here?'' Stephanie answered. 

''Why did you send me that text?'' I replied.

''Because I wanted to make sure you know where you stand.'' She said, her nice tone from last night dinner  was gone.

''Yeah, you are his friend.'' 

''He's just using you, seriously have you seen yourself?'' Stephanie's words actually hurt me. 

''He obviously broke up with you for a reason.''

Stephanie laughed. ''He didn't break up with me, I broke up with him.''

''Oh.'' I said.

''Yeah, so don't be surprised when he comes running back to me.'' Stephanie said and with that she hung up. 

She was lying, I knew she was. She was only jealous of me and Jack. She had to be. I hoped.