Chapter 13

Dani's point of view

It already felt awkward to sit here with Ben. Last time I saw him was right before I entered that damn dressing room. I was holding hands with Jake, and Ben seemed to be somewhat weird about it. Then again, who wouldn't be?
'You alright? You seem very pale...'' Ben said and I turned my attention to him. I was fine, except maybe not.
'I'm fine, just very overwhelmed about the fact that you're sitting across from me'' I somewhat told the truth. I mean, I was shocked that I was seeing Ben again. The guy that I had been watching on TV for the past few weeks. This was unreal.
But then again, I wasn't all that excited. Last night was a very weird night, and I had to make sure that I didn't suddenly jump up and run the moment Jake came back.
Ben smiled and I felt the blood go to my cheeks.
'It is lovely to see you again. How are you?'' Ben asked.
'Have you seen the newspapers?'' Where did that come from?
'About Jack and that girl?''
I froze, that wasn't Ben who spoke. It was Jake. Who called my friend ''that'' .
'Oh yeah, Jack isn't very bothered about that, the media makes up so much crap'' Ben laughed and from the corner of my eye I could see Jake shift from one leg to the other.
''You remember Dani, right?'' Ben said and looked up.
Jake set down two cups of coffee and then pulled up a chair. Now Ben sat in front of me, to my left there was a window and to my right sat Jake. I had to hold back the urge to turn my head and look at him. Oh this was going to be awkward.
Don't get me wrong if last night hadn't ended the way it had,  I would have been more excited, I would have probably texted Fee, and probably pass out.  But right now I felt weird, awkward and embarrassed.
'Of course I do" Jake's voice brought another pang of electricity to my chest.
Jake reached over and took his cup in his hands. Ben did the same, and a very awkward silenece surounded us.
'Are you both excited for tonight?'' I asked.
''Nervouse, but yes, are you going to come and watch it tonight?'' Ben asked and I could feel Jake looking at me.  Just don't look at him,  I repeated in my head.
'Oh, no, I can't, I'll be watching it on TV'' I smiled and quickly glanced at Jake who was taking another sip from his cup.
'Awh, shame!'' Ben said and pouted, which made me laugh a little. Maybe this wasn't too bad. I shouldn't feel so awkward.
''Right, I'll be right back'' Ben suddenly said and stood up. I wanted to scream and tell him to not go but he was already walking away, towards the bathroom.
''Listen'' Jake spoke the moment Ben was no longer around. I swallowed, the last time I saw him I acussed him of violating fans. Oh gosh, where was the invisible cloak when you needed it.
'It doesn't matter'' I said and watched Jake's fingers wrap around the white cup.
'You can't even look at me''
I looked up at him, fine, if he wanted me to look at him I will. Not that I didn't want to look at him. I mean, his face brought tears to my eyes. In a good way. Figuratively speaking, I wasn't going to cry right in front of him because he was hot and looking at me like I was some sort of a mystical creature. Wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing.
''Right'' He cleared his troat and I could be just seeing things but his cheeks coloured. Oh gosh. Calm down Dani.
'About what happened last night'' He began and I was about to object but his raised his eyebrows. How that stopped me from talking? I don't really know, but it did.
'I didn't bring you to that room to... you know, make out''  I wanted to cry, he was too cute.
'I wasn't even bringing you to that room in the first place. I mean I was, but that was only to show you. I mean, ok I never asked if you want to see it, but, it wasn't because of what Jack was doing. Oh gosh, you probably think I am a freak. '' Jake was blushing, a lot. I felt weird, I didn't know if I should believe him, maybe I knew it all along. I reached over and put my hand on his arm. The contact made Jake slightly jump. I contemplated about taking my hand away but I didn't.
'I'm sorry, I acted like a dick to someone who supports me'' Jake smiled and looked right into my eyes. My hand began to feel hot and I wanted to taking off his but I couldn't.
'It doesn't matter'' I smiled back. And that was the truth, because it didn't matter anymore. It was in the past, and nothing happened. So why question everything and wollow in the confusion. It was fine, I had to allow myself to feel happy and relaxed. After all, I was in the company of Jake and Ben.
''Alright'' Ben suddenly broke through the small moment of silence and my hand left Jakes in lightening speed.