Chapter 33

Jake's point of view.

''I'll be back soon.'' I said to mum as I was putting on my coat.

''Don't rush, if you think the girl is worth it, take your time with her.'' Mum smiled, she was weak and getting old. 

''If you feel sick please calm me.'' I said and kissed her on the forehead.

''I'll be fine, go make it up to that girl.'' Mum smiled and I smiled back. 

''I'll be back soon.'' I said and left. 

I felt so bad for having to cancel our dinner with Dani last night. I missed her and I wanted to see her and make it up to her. The hotel that mum and I were staying in was a good thirty minutes away from hers. 

Once I left the bus I ran towards her hotel. I knew that it was early, ten to be precise but I wanted to see her. I ran inside and went to the reception desk. The lady at the desk remembered me from last time and let me go up. 

I knocked on her door and waited for her to open it. After a moment a sleep Dani opened it. Without even saying anything I grabbed her face and kissed her. I must have taken her by a surprise as she didn't kiss me back. I pulled away and she stared at me with wide eyes. 

''Jake.'' She breathes and a small smile spread across her face. I grinned and pressed my lips against her. This time she kissed me back as eagerly. 

''What are you doing here?'' Dani asked once she pulled away.

''I just wanted to see you and apologies for last night.'' I said.

''You should apologies, I even bought a dress.' Dani pouted and that made my heart ache. I pulled her into a hug.

''I'm sorry, can I see the dress.?'' I asked.

''It's fine I was kidding, how is your mum?'' Dani giggled. 

''She's fine she made me come and see you and also don't ignore my question.'' I said and looked down at her. 

''You can't see the dress sorry. You can tell your mum that I am happy she made you come.'' 

''I wanted to see you, it wasn't all her idea.'' I said.

''Sure.'' Dani winked and walked over to her closet.

I closed the door and walked over to her bed. Only then I noticed that Dani was wearing pyjama shorts and a tank top. I watched as she picked out her clothing and remembered the other night. I had never made love in such a way before. It was so passionate and so amazing. Plus she had lost her virginity to me. 

''What are you smiling at ?'' Dani asked. 

''I just remembered something.'' I smiled and Dani's cheeks turned red. 

''Yeah that.'' I smiled and stood up. She stood by her closet clutching her clothes and watching me walk over. 

''It was really good.'' I whispered and traced my finger across her bare shoulder. 

''I mean I don't want to rush anything, but I can't stop thinking about it...'' 

Dani shut her eyes and bit her lower lip. Oh why was that so arousing?

''I should go get dressed now.'' She whispered and I knew she was right. We couldn't do this, we should take things slow and get to know each other more. 

''You should before I throw you on that bed.'' 

Dani shook her head and walked to the bathroom. It was going to be hard to keep my hands off her. 

Dani's Point of view.

I stood in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. Jake was out in the room waiting for me. I felt so guilty about yesterday. He was so caring about his mother, I couldn't stay mad at him. I liked him but ever since I slept with Ben I felt like I wanted him too. I couldn't believe myself. But I knew that I couldn't be with Ben, it wouldn't be right. It would only hurt a lot of people. 

But should I tell Jake or keep it a secret? It would only hurt him if I told him the truth, I knew that I had to keep it away. What if he found out somehow? I didn't like this, I hated being so confused. I quickly got dressed brushed my teeth and after a deep breath walked out of the bathroom. 

Jake sat on the bed and his face instantly lit up once he saw me.

''I liked it better when you were in your shorts, but this is fine too.'' Jake smiled.

''I also found your dress.'' He added and from behind him he picked up my purple dress. The dress that Ben had taken off me and thrown on the floor. I swallowed and watched as Jake held it.

''I bet you looked incredibly sexy in this.'' Jake whispered and made my heart jump up. 

''Too bad you will never find out.'' I replied and walked over to him. I reached out and took the dress from him. 

''Oh come on put it on.'' Jake pleaded. 

''Nope, maybe another time. '' I said. 

He stood up and wrapped his arms around me, he leaned in and lightly kissed me under the ear. It sent electricity down my spine. 

''Please.'' He whispered against my neck. It only made me remember how Ben had kissed me in that same spot. 

''Later'' I whispered barely able to get the words out. 

''Fine, later.'' Jake gave in and brought his lips to my mouth. After a moment I pulled away.

''Stop or things might go too far.'' I said, not really wanting to sleep with him right after I had slept with Ben. I needed time to think. 

Suddenly Jake's phone rang and he jumped. 

''Shit.'' He said and quickly picked it up. 

''Mum is everything ok?'' Jake asked his voice full of worry.

''I'll be right there ok.'' He said and hung up.

''Is everything alright?'' I asked worried.

''My mum, she's got cancer and it's not...I have...'' Jake breathed and shut his eyes. I knew of his past and how his brother and father died. I walked over to him and hugged him.

''She doesn't feel too well so I have to go back to her, I'm really sorry.'' Jake whispered and held onto me.

''It's fine, seriously'' I replied feeling an ache in my chest. Poor Jake.

''Go your mum needs to.'' I said and Jake nodded.

''I'll call you or something''

''Don't worry honestly, take as much time as you need.'' I said and after a quick kiss he left.