Chapter 15

Main P.O.V.

"You sure you can do the scheduling alone?" Irene's question to Taehyung made him nod without hesitation.

"Scheduling turns is not a big deal, but getting ready for a state public speaking competition is." He answered with a smile. "Break a leg."

Irene scoffed before chuckling softly. "Do keep an eye on the girls, and report to me immediately if you catch them sneaking out. I won't tolerate much this time."

"Ne. You don't have to worry." Taehyung nodded. "I'll get going then."

Irene returned the nod. "The keys?"

Taehyung slid a hand into his right pocket, feeling different key shapes with his fingers. "Got them with me."

"Be careful." Irene sighed. "Who the hell knows what those brats are up to, just wait until I know who they are!" 

"I just hope they'll give up soon. This is tiring enough for our committee."

His words seemed to have mesmerized her.

"Just schedule it for a few days, and if they start to complain," she paused. "I'll just have to do it myself."

Taehyung stared at the calm girl who has been by his side for almost half a year since they were appointed to be leaders of the school.

"See you." Irene said, and without any further thoughts she walked away from him, leaving him sighing alone.

Taehyung watched her as she disappeared from the bleachers, and then he searched the field to see if anyone was left after the emergency gathering. After scanning the place empty, the vice president made his way to the SRC room at the academic building. 

When he reached the door with the sign 'SRC', he stopped to take out the bunch of keys in his pocket, searching for the specific key. After unlocking the door and getting inside, he checked the hallway by popping his head side to side, before closing the door tight. 

It was so early in the morning, but Taehyung was aware of his responsibility to keep an eye on the academic building and students' whereabouts. The committee has a schedule on who's in charge of Sunday outings, the only day students are allowed to go out from Soar High. Oh, and the only day parents and outside people are allowed to visit, too. Since he has to work on the out of nowhere midnight patrol, Taehyung has to schedule it carefully before the night falls which means he'll probably be browsing over Soar High's student committee list all day.

Taehyung did not waste any time and turned on the computer used by all SRC members. 

Time flew by quite fast as he studied the list, checking what each student's schedule, putting them into a new schedule sheet. One hour became two, and soon three. 

Kim Taehyung and his perfectionism; inseparable. 

When he was busy clicking the mouse, a noise from outside the room caught his attention. 

He paused, listening carefully. 

Sounds of faint knocking was slowly getting louder. 

"Help..." 

His eyes widened. 

It didn't take him another second to run out of the room, only to see a female student falling onto her knees. Her head was down, one hand pressed against the wall for support as the other covered her face. Taehyung ran over to her in shock, gasping when a drop of red reached the floor.