Chapter 9

A/N:

Might update more regularly since I'm on my sem break. Hope you'll enjoy!

-

Yoo Sia

"Dang, the fake fire news is going viral outside! Look, it's basically on every online platform!" Somi exclaimed, and I almost choked on my noodles.

"Ne?"

Somi shoved her phone beside me. "Look! Everyone wants to know how there was a black smoke when there wasn't even a real fire!"

My eyes fell on the news headline.

[MYSTERIOUS FIRE AT SOAR HIGH ACADEMIC BUILDING]

I gulped, not sure how to react to it. The fact that it is becoming a big buzz online and inside the school grounds is making me feel terribly guilty.

Because I know who's responsible for it.

Well, I kinda know.

"Yah, what do you guys think of it?" Chungha, also my classmate, spoke up. "It's so mysterious I can't really stop thinking about it."

"I KNOW RIGHT!" Somi exclaimed, her face clearly expressing the inner frustration she has been holding back.

"I'm so freaking curious! Like- we all saw that thick smoke and it clearly, obviously, absolutely smelled like burning smoke!" She continued, completely ignoring the fact that her chopsticks had sunk deep into her ramyeon.

"Right!" Chungha nodded, furrowing her brows too. "And when we got back in, it was as if nothing happened! Damn, do you think our school is haunted or something?"

"Yah!" I blurted. "How is a fire related to our school being haunted?"

"You never know, Yooa, it might be the revenge of an alumni who died or something?" Somi widened her eyes, trying to scare me as she lifted her hands. "Ooooooooo~"

"Stop it." I slapped her hand, causing her to laugh at me.

"If that was a ghost's revenge, we would probably be dead by now." I said blankly, trying to stay calm even though I was shaking inside. If only they knew about the underground room, they would legit flip!

"Heol daebak, she's not even scared about it." Somi pouted, somehow impressed. Chungha giggled, nodding. "Where were you though? I didn't see you at the field?"

"She said she went to the dorm to get something, right?" Somi asked, and I quickly nodded while faking a grin. "When I arrived at the building, everyone was already heading back to class, so I missed pretty much... everything."

"Oh damn... what a pity, you missed out a whole drama!" Chungha chuckled, before slurping her ramyeon in delight.

"Haha!" I laughed reluctantly.

If only you knew the drama I went through, I mentally sighed.

We continued to eat without talking much, slurping the ramyeon and gulping down some iced lemon tea, today's canteen menu, and also our favourite menu so far.

The canteen was merry, with students from all classes and grades get to hang out while enjoying their lunch. I've been in this boarding school for almost 3 weeks, but it felt so homey already. Well, what do you expect? The faces I see in class are literally the faces I see at the dormitory, and so on.