Chapter 7

A/N: Hello peeps! 

Just wanted to say that there is a probability that I may not update for next week or next two weeks, because I have two more weeks in this semester and the end of a semester is always the most hectic, bet you already know that. I barely have the time to write anything, so I hope yall can patiently wait until I can resume this story actively. No, this is not a hiatus, just a short break.

This chapter may seem rushed or not so interesting, so I apologize in advance. I tried my best and I hope you will enjoy my writing regardless. 

Thank you :3

-

Main P.O.V.

The entire school was alarmed as black smoke circled around the upper half of the huge academic building, as hundreds of students gathered around the school field after successfully escaping the abrupt fire.

However, it was not the case for the five students, who all headed to the library instead.

When they got in front of the shelf, they paused to catch their heavy breaths.

"Dude... I don't know what's... crazier." Jin panted, looking around the empty library. "The fact that we're still here, or the fact that those people... actually... burned our school?"

"I say, both." Dowoon replied, groaning. "We're all freaking mad!"

"Guys, let's just take this chance to get back down there." Moon Byul didn't waste another moment to search the shelf. "Help me find the book!"

The rest listened well to her orders, and began to search for any particular book that might be a lever. As their heavy breaths and nervous heartbeats filled their entire minds and souls, none of them were actually hesitant to get to the secret underground room. In fact, all they could think of was to get in there as fast as they could.

"Guys, don't you think... it shouldn't be a book?"

Gray's voice managed to stop Moon Byul from pulling out more books. She turned back to see Gray's eyes searching around the shelf while putting on a serious face.

"What do you mean?" She asked, feeling like Gray knew something.

"If it was a book, then a student can pull it out anytime and the secret room will be revealed in a moment." Gray looked at Moon Byul. "I don't think it's a book. That's too risky."

His theory echoed in Jin's head. In just a heartbeat, Jin gasped and backed off the shelf. "You're right. It's not the book... it's the shelf itself!"

"Hah?" Yoaa widened her eyes, backing off quickly- at the same time, pulling Dowoon aside.

"Search for the sides!" Gray continued Jin's theory, and their eyes immediately scanned the blue shelf, ignoring all the colourful books they just scattered on the racks.

"Oh damn, I think I found it!" Dowoon shrieked in surprise as he ran back to the shelf, and brushed his palms against the shelf's center piece. There was a rectangle outline in the middle, and Dowoon immediately tried to press it. Realizing that it was not meant to be pressed, Dowoon held the sides of the rectangle outline and began to pull it instead. It was tough, as the shape was really stiff.

But after a few strong pulls, he exclaimed in relief when he managed to pull out a thin box that was attached to the shelf.

It didn't took a long time for the shelf to shudder.