Chapter 14

A/N:

Yo i know im late but happy 6th anniversary MAMAMOO <3 proud to be a part of the moomoo fanfom and happy to know you all through them! Let's continue to support them in the future too, huwaaa~

-

Main P.O.V.

"Now, let the real fun begin."

The screen turned dark.

Silence conquered the room.

Dowoon was still standing there, frozen and numb- recalling things he should have forgotten by now.

Moon Byul's tense figure slowly moved away from Yoaa, and flopped herself on the sofa in defeat.

Gray masked himself with his usual poker face, but this time it wasn't because he had no emotion- he just didn't know what to feel.

Yooa licked her dry lips, wanting to force a word out her lumped throat, only to let a sigh escape like the wind.

And Jin- he took a seat opposite Moon Byul, clasping his hands together as his head fell.

The countdown reappeared on the screen, causing Yooa to turn around and face the ones sitting on the sofa. She turned to look at Dowoon, and walked over to him.

Something in her softened to see Dowoon's slightly trembling face, and the veins that had grown visible as he clenched his teeth. His eyes were glued on the screen, not budging a bit.

"Let's talk."

Jin's voice broke the deafening silence.

Moon Byul crossed her arms, gathering her patience and emotions together. "About what, exactly?"

"About our next step."

"Why?" Dowoon's voice cracked at the end. His chest tightens, his eyes glassy. "Why do we have to take the next step? Why don't we just run from this?"

For the first time in forever, his words didn't come out annoying. In fact, it sounded awfully different from how he normally sounds. The way he was always afraid and unsure of everything made him sound like a coward, but right then, the crack in his deep voice managed to make everyone wonder-

What kind of secret is he trying to protect... to the point that his shell is now destroyed?

"Because we can't run from it." Moon Byul answered, crossing her arms as she sighed. The anger built due to Dowoon's actions - or no actions, were beginning to subside. "The only way to get out of this is to face it, and this time no more going against each other."

"Make sure you take note of what you say, Byul." Gray walked around the sofa, taking a seat not far away beside Jin. The boy lifted a brow. "Not only should we not go against each other, we should also cooperate."

"Yes." Jin nodded, biting the side of his lips before directing his gaze upon Moon Byul. "What you did back there was too rash."

Moon Byul returned his gaze with a sharp stare and her brows furrowed deep. But soon, she lets out a heavy sigh as she nodded.

"Fine, I'll cooperate."

Jin nodded, slowly turning his head towards Dowoon and Yooa.

"How about you two?"

Yooa turned her head towards him, uncertain. She turned back to Dowoon, who now had his head down.

"I don't think we have a choice." Yoaa's answer came, her eyes still directed towards Dowoon.