Chapter 1

A/N: Do comment along the way!

-

Moon Byul Yi

I stood in front of 30 students looking at me with eyes wide open and blank faces. Surely, it was a new thing for me.

"Class, this is Moon Byul Yi." the teacher with round spectacles and tidy hair sounded a bit hesitant to read my registration file. "She just finished her... four year juvenile sentence?"

The expression on the students' faces were all frozen hard, as if I was Elsa trying to 'let it go'. Surely, it was a new thing for them too. Guess now I have to learn how to not appear... scary? Will that exhaust me, though?

But anyways.

The male teacher, who I supposed was the homeroom teacher for my new class, glanced at me with this super concerned eyebrows furrowed so hard that I could tell he was growing scared of me. Like teacher, like student.

"Em, is that true?" He gulped.

I raised my brows, playing innocent. "If you believe so."

He quickly smacked his lips, adjusted his black frame and nodded. "Great, now listen up, guys! Moon Byul Yi will be in your class from now on, so please... um, guide her? Yes, make sure to help her fit in here."

I took a quick scan of the students, especially the girls who were sitting at the first row, who had their mouth tightly shut as they stole glances at me. I hid my smirk, trying hard not to be rude on my first day. Well, at least.

"Oh, and she is in our homeroom as well, so let her know about our homeroom meeting schedule every Monday."

The students nodded, and some boys answered 'yes' from the back rows.

"Very well, I'll be leaving early." He said as he picked up his teaching materials. "Wait for the recess bell before you go out. The principal will give you a good nag all recess if you go out early!"

"Ne!" They replied louder, and I wriggled my brows, understanding how it works.

"Class president, get Byul Yi a new desk and chair!" He glanced at me and grinned before leaving the class in a hurry. I deeply exhaled, happy to pass the introduction phase without being rude. What an achievement!

I turned my head towards the class again, only to find them murmuring in a very small volume while glancing at me. None of them looked like they were going to approach me.

Oh man, is this how they're going to do this? I thought all this isolation and discrimination system only happens in movies, or K-dramas at least.

I sighed, scanning the class to find that there was not even an empty seat. Great.

"Who's class president?" I boomed on top of them.

The whole class dropped dead in silence, and some of them managed to point their fingers towards the front door. I followed their fingers and immediately saw a figure coming into the class with tissues in his hands. He was about to walk straight in but he suddenly looked up, frozen to see me.

He blinked in wonder, probably having no clue why a stranger was in front of the class. Then he noticed his classmates pointing at him in silence, which made his thick brows shot upwards.

"You!" I walked towards him. "You're the class president, huh?"

"Huh?" He frowned, lifting his hands. "No..."