Chapter 13

A/N: Woops, sorry I kinda delayed the 'regular' update lmao, but thankies for waiting patiently. Just a heads up, this chapter is a fast ride, or idk. 

-

"Remember me?"

Yongsun's mind went blank.

Should she just turn around and face her, or just walk away?

The heaviness in her chest was hard to explain; a mixture of hatred, disappointment, and terror was the last thing she felt when she heard of Moon Byul, and yet here she is- blank.

Then she felt a hand on her wrist.

She turned her face, just to see that long lost face.

Moon Byul looked breathless.

"Don't answer." She said. "I know you remember, so stop with your act."

Her blunt words instantly set Yongsun off.

"Get off me!" She yanked her hand away, causing Moon Byul's jaws to drop.

"Who said you had the authority to talk to me?" Yongsun snapped, her eyes burning with anger.

Moon Byul's chest moved inward and outward, holding back the emotions flowing back together with her old memories.

"I- I just wanted to talk to you, I didn't thought you were studying here too. How have you been?" Moon Byul tried to reasoned with her, reaching out for Yongsun's hand again, but to her disappointment Yongsun quickly backed away from her.

Her face was torn between the pain she felt back then, and the hatred she could muster right at the moment.

"I've been well." She said. "Without you."

Moon Byul's eyebrows dropped.

"So don't expect me to thank you for picking me up, you lost that privilege ages ago." Yongsun shot her another sharp gaze, before leaving Moon Byul without another word. Despite having no clue of what was going on, her friends hurried off to follow Yongsun with awfully confused faces.

Moon Byul could feel her heart and mind getting numb, as her eyes just followed Yongsun as she slowly left her sight.

She gulped, exhaling weakly.

Her heart cracked a little harder today.

-

Jin' P.O.V.

"What was that scene in the canteen?"

The girl who just put on her black surgical mask didn't look at me, instead she just lowered her head. Her whole body language was obviously telling me that she was restless than usual.

"Nothing." She muttered under her mask.

"You sure?" I crossed my arms, softening the tone of my voice. "I don't think it looks normal, but if you're not comfortable talking about it, then it's fine."

She stayed muted.

"Just take note, we're a team now." I sighed. "If you have any problems, you can discuss it with us. Don't let it ruin the plan."