Bittersweet

With haste on their very heels, the group containing Avatar Korra, Aisuya, Opal,Milo, Ikki and Jinora returned to "Republic City." It's vast skyscrapers, seeming unreal to Aisuya. Who was a shy young girl from the North Pole, such crowded streets, shops lined with a plethora of goods was new to Aisuya. Infact the curious young woman found herself wandering to many of the shops to take a peek. Appearing to act almost like a child in a sweet store. Drooling over her choice of treat, and seeing this made Korra smile. Which was something that Korra needed after her apparent loss to the hands of Kuvira. "The Great Uniter"who Korra knew marched towards the city this very moment. And Korra knew she was unable to defeat her. Not the way she was now. She knew this.

But what Korra wasn't unsure of was one thing. Aisuya had saved her back there. She didn't know how, nor why Kuvira stopped her sudden charge. But Korra felt that it was somehow tied to Aisuya. Who she remembered staring Kuvira down, but her eyes were blazing. Filled with rage that Korra never knew was even present. Since the incident Korra had been trying to gather the courage to speak her mind to Aisuya. To confront her on exactly what happened back there. Though with the children of Tenzin talking her ear off; Korra never had a chance. Especially the group made it to "Air Temple Island". It was there that Tenzin, and his wife gleefully greeted their children and Korra. Welcoming Korra with open arms, saying how happy they were that she had returned.

Tenzin then bowed his head respectfully before Aisuya; thanking her for loyalty. "You returned with Korra, you have our thanks." With this Aisuya shook her head shyly, her cyan eyes catching the florescent city lights. Causing the woman to appear to be a dazzling display in the window itself. Unreal, untouchable, and above all humbled. But Korra saw it all, she saw Aisuya's innate charm. How the shy little girl was still there somewhere in this gorgeous creature that stole her breathe. As even around others all Korra wished to do more than anything was to hold her. To tug Aisuya into Korra's warm embrace, to inhale her comforting aroma. Even the thought alone caused excitement to course through Korra. All the while unaware of the longing gaze of the Avatar; Aisuya lowered her head before Tenzin. Informing him that it was her duty to serve the world and the Avatar. With this Tenzin promised Aisuya a room at the temple during her stay in the city.

Hearing this Korra spoke up, unable to hide her curiosity. "Your staying in town?" With a small smile Aisuya turned her head to Korra. Flashing her a charismatic smile at Korra that made her heart leap. "Yes, after all we still haven't finished talking yet. " Aisuya's words making Ikki and Jinora eye the two young women with mischievous grins. "Your right about that. A raincheck then?" Korra asked as Aisuya giggled lightly in agreement. The smiling Aisuya turning on her heels to leave the island; a young man and woman briskly walk pass Aisuya. The young man called out to Korra who hugged the man like an old friend. Though the hug was Abit uncomfortable as the two parted shyly. "Good to see you Korra." "Yeah you too Mako." Korra said with a smile though her eyes drifted towards the dark haired woman she knew all too well. Asami.

Asami quickly approached Korra, wrapping her arms around Korra. Their bodies pressed against one another as Asami sobbed into Korra's neck. "I'm so glad your back Korra! I kept everyone of your letter—!" The woman sobbed, but her words were as if death had touched the air which left Aisuya. Tears threatening to slither down Aisuya's cheeks, but she shook away this act. But her sorrow swallowed her, to such a point that Aisuya silently slipped away from the group. Her heart heavy as she traversed the city. Unsure of where she was going. It didnt matter to Aisuya. Infact nothing really mattered to her anymore. For all she knew was heartache, and she wished she never did. Finding herself atop the very monument dedicated to "Avatar Aang". Aisuya was unsure how or when she got there. But she did, and sitting there looking upon the great city. Aisuya truly felt small. For she realized her well-being and happiness meant nothing. As the world still went on. Turning, people continued to live their lives without her. With a sigh, Aisuya brought her knees to her chest. Allowing her tears to flow freely for the first time all day. As questions filled her mind about the beautiful woman with Korra. Though as much as Aisuya tried to hide it, the girl was lovely. And she and Korra looked like the perfect couple. But those thoughts only brought Aisuya deeper into her sorrow.

Aisuya was happy for Korra, glad that she had returned to the city. Overjoyed over Korra's reunion with her friends. And yet still there was that stain. The challenge of the breathtaking Asami that Aisuya knew held feelings for Korra. She had no chance. Aisuya's past with Korra meant nothing. Korra was a hero, a celebrity. She didnt need the past holding her back. With tears streaming down her cheeks, Aisuya released her very spirit's anguish which shook her body so. And felt by Korra whom was on "Air Temple Island" catching up with friends. But a certain pain in her chest stopped Korra in her tracks. Her gaze cast to the ocean before her, with a single thought once again filled her. Aisuya.